Fiolee: a love story

~*~ Marshall's POV

I was floating over my couch, strumming a few chords on my bass, when I heard an irregular knock at my door. I got up, setting down my bass with an echoey *twang*, slightly pissed that someone had unexpectedly interrupted my music session.

As I opened the door, my facial expression changed from anger to confusion.

Lumpy space prince? "Oh, MY. GLOB. Are you ready for fionnas b- bday partayy?!?" He squealed at me excitingly, while I cringed at the sound of his voice, "um- yeah - where is it, exactly?" He blanked at me in disbelief, "OH MY GLOB? DON'T YOU REMEMBER? Its in prince gumball's ballroom!"

Covering my ears, I regained the strength to reply to him with a low key "okay.", still very confused. I was now casually leaning against my doorway, waiting for the heavenly moment when he would leave. Psh. What a wad. He floated away slowly, backing up, giving me the 'I'm watching you' signal, and a soft chuckle escaped my throat when he ran into a tree.

After I was sure that he was gone, I took a light step back into my home, pondering all this junk. Why would Fionna want me at her party anyway? Especially a party at gum wad's petty little palace, there's probably going to be tea and crap there. Me and gumball- We just have different ways of thinking. He's all like, 'ooh, science, ooh, discoveries'. And to tell the truth- I could care less. Don't get me wrong- I care about education and everything, but I can outwit almost everyone in AAA, without even trying. I'm barley even Fionna's friend, and I'm definitely not like prince perfect- the guy she'll be drooling over the whole time.

~*~

Later, I got the answer. gumbutts palace was filled with light. That's what I thought, gumbutt was throwing another pussy party. EVERYONE was there, the place was packed. I skimmed the crowd, and smirked. No one seemed to be having too much fun. That day- I had dressed myself in my usual flannel T-shirt and blue jeans, my axe bass strapped to my back. But this time, I wore a small, special, black clip-on tie; just to try to blend in with the others- for the fun of it. I dropped my present; a necklace with a little sparkly sword hanging down, onto the mountain of presents. Did gumball really invite all these people - just for the presents? It felt inconvenient. Then I noticed something; fionna wasn't even There. Yet? I questioningly looked around, realizing suddenly everyone had disappeared. the lights blacked out, triggering my night vision that I rarely used. Guess I didn't get the memo. "Marshall lee, get down!" an unknown voice called out from somewhere amongst the room. Obeying, I decked down behind one of gumbutts pink couches. Oh the humor of it all. Gummy preferred things to be pink. I could hear little innocent footsteps, leading their way up the tall staircase, into the foyer. Whatever what was connected to those tiny feet- slowly opened the door, letting in a streak of beautiful outside light. Fionna the human poked her head inside curiously. "Gumball? Hello? What's that missio-" She was cut off by the whole kingdom yelling in unison, "SURPRISE!" Everyone jumped up on to their feet. Well, except me. I laid on the ground, covering my ears, in pain. Having supersonic hearing was a curse; and a blessing. By the time the terrible ringing had stopped, everyone had gone back to their own petty business, drinking tea and laughing. I called it before; tea and crap. Classical music roamed about the room. Ick. I quickly looked to my left and saw gummybutt looking towards me. "excuse me, but I've got something to do." He boasted. The petty prince smiled, gesturing towards fionna, who was awkwardly shuffling her feet around by the decorative punch table. Oh, what fun this was going to be. I decided to take advantage of my undead skills, and turn invisible. I made my way over to gumbutt and Fiona, who was standing quite uncomfortably, still shuffling around. The prince plastered a cheerful smile on his face and He grabbed her hands, holding them tight. "happy birthday, fionna! listen..." She tried to pull away slightly, " gumball I don't-" he didn't listen. He just continued, going on and on about her beauty and strength. "you are brave, beautiful and talented. And now, I'd like to make you mine." Absolute fear struck Fionna's face, (as well as mine.) she stepped back. "gumball, I'm sorry.. I don't like you- I like you as a friend!!" Her eyes shot to the side, hoping someone would interrupt him. "I know I like- liked you when I was littler, but I was being silly." this didn't effect him one bit, as he leaned close to Fionna, readying himself for a kiss. Fionna, was struggling, but bubba just pulled her in closer, and closer, and closer, never listening to the word no. And That's when I snapped. I know I had never knew the girl much prior to that; but my blood boiled at the idea of fionna and gumball together- And I couldn't take it. I sensed my eyes turn a demonic red. I revealed myself, pinning the prince against the wall, blaring my fangs, so close to his gummy face. I harshly whispered at him through my teeth. "DON'T. YOU. TOUCH. HER." I got 'em good. He had his 'damsel in distress' face on, leaning back against the wall as far as he could. (That's right, damsel.) it was actually kinda funny. I wasn't going to bite him. I didn't need to punch him. I won't deny it, I wanted to. But His embarrassment in front of the whole kingdom satisfied my needs. I harshly let go, leaving red marks on his wrists. When his wrists were visible to others, I heard several gasps. People started to murmur. "the prince is hurt!" My eyes were no longer demonic. Turning on my heel, I realized that the whole kingdom eyes were on me. Glob...