11: Dungeons and the sun

A/n: YAY! Thanks for all the votes, reads and comments you guys! :3

luv you all!!

[THIS IS RE-WRITTEN from "perfect day" because i didn't like what was happening. Its a lot different now, and I Hope you guys like it now, I do:) ]

~*~

Marshall's POV

I laid on my bed, just craving Fionna. Not in any creepy way, just the thought of her. Her smell. Her personality. The way she talked. Her fearlessness. Her care. The way she looked. I wanted it all, compacted into her perfect body, sitting beside me, cuddling. That's what I craved the most. I knew she wouldn't want that though.

It had been two days sense I last saw her, and I dreaded every moment of it. I constantly thought about her, every hour of every day.

If I was playing my bass, I would ask myself, "would fi would like this?" If I was brushing my hair, I imagined Fionna brushing her long blonde strands beside me. If I was going to bed...... I imagined her cuddled up next to me.

I even dreamt about her, doing things I probably shouldn't say. I was acting like a little lovesick puppy dog. "time to man-up marshall." I told myself, puffing out my chest. This had to end- It was killing me not to be around her. But of course I couldn't show it, that would ruin the whole effect.

I got out of my bed, floating towards my closet, thinking, "what would fi like?" I shook my head at myself, thinking "MAN UP, YOU'RE THE VAMPIRE KING." , and continued to pick Out my normal flannel and jeans. I quickly brushed my hair, and shook it to perfection. I grabbed my axe bass, and slung it over my shoulder, strapping it to my back. I didn't know what I was going to do, but I needed to get out, to be strong without her.

I grabbed my umbrella and made my way out the door. It was a nice sunny day. lame. I flew for a while, enjoying some breeze, until I spotted something that i didn't like in the distance...

~*~

Fionna's POV

I laid on my bed, just thinking about Marshall. I loved the way he did things, even though they slightly annoyed me at times. I wanted to go hang out with him.

I wondered if he would be kind, or a jerk today.

I quickly got up and slipped on jean shorts and my normal blue t-shirt, brushing my hair and pulling it back into a ponytail that draped down to my butt. I didn't bother wearing my bunny hat, because it had gotten wet the day before, and it was still drying out.

I glanced at cake, who was still snuggled up in her drawer, sleeping like a baby. I bet she wouldn't mind if I left for a bit...

I quietly opened the front door, creeping out of it, welcoming myself into the sun.

I walked for awhile in the direction of Marshall's cave, observing the nature, until I heard a small but steady "Fionna."

I turned around to see an unpleasant surprise. "Gumball! What's up?" I asked, stopping in my tracks. He was wearing his normal attire today, and probably working on some of his royal duties. "Oh, nothing.." He mumbled, slowly walking toward me, almost stalker-like.

"So..." I awkwardly stated.

Ever sense gumball tried to kiss me on my last birthday, it was always really awkward and quiet around him. I truthfully just wanted him to go away.

"Sooo...." He replied, placing his hands in his pockets. I could tell he was nervous about something. "Fionna, I've been meaning to ask you for a while.." He got down on one knee, and took my hand in his palms. My cheeks got red, and I wanted to run away right then and there. I wanted to scream in his face, "gumbutt, I don't love you..." But I couldn't. I just couldn't. No matter how much I wanted to, his sad, strange eyes told me not to.