22: Hello new me

Marshall's POV

----

Sometimes, yeah. I lie.

Lie to people, elders, any type of person, because that's what I do. You can't simply change any given fact about a person, if they're unwilling to deal with you- believe me, I've tried.

And realizing that, I rethought basically my whole life, my whole being. Well.. Maybe not all of it, because rethinking 1000+ years of life could take some time. Time that unfortunately, I didn't have.

I rethought basically from the time I met fionna, to now. What had I done wrong? Billions of flashes of her face, her broishly digging me in the shoulder when I said something gross or perverted, her turning red when I gave her clues that, yes... I loved her, flew amongst my brain, right in front of my eyes.

And to this day I still did. My heart still yearns for the adventuress, in all truth. I'm not lying about this one.

To be completely honest, I didn't know why I didn't stand next to her. I was clueless, on why I didn't hold her hand and tell her that everything would be okay.

I should have.

Of all people, she deserved it.

And I was just too stupid to see that she was at the end of the line, shivering and scared out of her mind of that globbing Forest. The forest that set us apart. And for that, I lie here.

Not lie, as in not telling the truth.

Lie, as in depressed, laying on the rock hard couch in my house, with not even enough energy to float up and take some of the pain away, my mind being consumed by the only two plain facts I knew; 1, I hated myself, and 2, I needed to get a new couch. Something nice and red, with fluffy cushions that you can sink into, just because.

It wasn't a lot of pain. It was a good amount, just enough to let me know that it was still lingering there, listening to my breath, every intake and outtake, every casual groan of distress and/or confusion.

She had run off with Brees. And not me. And it was, after really thinking about it, all my fault.

All my fault.

All my faul

All my fau

All my fa

All my f

All my

All m

All

Al

A

......

...But what was I to do now?

I was stolen from my thoughts when when I heard a high pitched, annoying jingle.

~*~

Fionna's POV

It's not what you think.

I'm a good natured person, very forgiving. I did what was right, and only what was right.

So when It came to the circumstances of where I was going to shut off boys... I became confused.

Was it good, or was it bad?

I didn't know.

What I did know, is that... I needed some air.

And so I sat. Not depressed like I was the night before, But just utterly confused. About all of this. And taking a lot of time and consideration into it, I realized something.