12: The box

Soo, I have a question, where did everybody go? A few chapers ago, I would get close to 200 reads. Now I'm getting 3-10? What happened guys:( I'm sad... But I'll still update for the readers that I still have:)

~*~

Marshall's POV

fi's eyes widened at the sight. "Oh my glob" she mouthed. It was cute how exited she was. I just nodded, looking back up at the sleeping creature.

"What is it?" She asked me.

"A...two headed..dragon.. lion." I answered, just naming off what I saw, and cocking my head to the side.

"Math."

I decided to do something fun.

I gave her a knowing look, and then darted at the "thing" , jumping into the air, and softly landing on its scaly shoulder. I whisper shouted to Fionna, fist-pumping the air, "I'm not just the vampire king anymore, I'm the king of the world!" I laughed, seeking a reaction out of Fionna.

I heard her let out a giggle. "Marshall get down! You're going to wake it up!"

I smirked at her, and slowly flew down, off of its shoulder, throwing my arm back around fi's, making her blush return. I honestly loved it when she blushed. It was like saying something, without actually saying anything.

"lets go in there." I said, gesturing to a small doorway to the left of the thing. "there's something in there, I can feel it."

And it was true, I could feel it. My vampire senses were going crazy, telling me that there was something in there that I needed, not wanted, but needed.

And need is a rare word when it comes to vampires. We don't need food, water, shelter- basically anything besides blood. (Or the color red) So when I felt like I needed something, I kinda had to jump at it.

Fi smiled deviously, "yeah! Lets go. Lets go now!" She said like a little kid, jumping up and down.

I couldn't help but look at her when she was jumping. I mean, she was jumping up, and down, and up, and down, and - NO MARSHALL! No thinking like that!

I was stuck with a teenage guys personality forever after all, so It wasn't my fault.

I shook it off, continuing to listen to fi, now paying attention to her face. "It's gunna be so much fun! Lets go!" She said, swinging her ponytail all over the place.

I nodded, and she ran over to the monster poking it in it's sleeping face, "we'll come back for you later." She then kept the same position, slowly shuffling away.

I laughed, And followed her past the monster, and into the tiny opening.

What was inside, was half terrifying and half impressive. Kinda like me.

A long, skinny rope bridge was strung from end to end, over a deep pool of lava and flames. The bridge was missing a few pieces to it, too. At the end of the menace, was just a simple chest, about the size of a jewelry box, leaning up against a dead end wall.

I gave Fionna a devious smirk, "wanna try to get it?"

A smile made it's way to her lips, "how could I say no?"

I thought it was funny how she got all excited over this adventure stuff. It's cute how she crouches low and then fist pumps the air when she gets like this. Other people would say it's weird, I'd say it's freaking adorable.

I eyed the bridge, and then her. "Are you... Sure?"

"Is marshy worried about me? Awe." She jokingly asked, acting like she would pinch my cheeks if she could.

I solemnly stared her in her eyes. "Yes." I got closer and caressed the side of her face, holding it close to mine. "I don't want to lose you."

She grew dark red stains underneath her eyes, automatically making me smile. "Just be careful bunny."

With that, she gave me a big smile, and put one foot on the rickety bridge, making the whole thing sway back and forth.

She turned back to me and raised an eyebrow. "Are you coming?"

I smiled and nodded, reassuring her to go on. She took tiny steps on the bridge, gripping on to the side ropes for dear life and making sure every step was perfect. I playfully followed, lightly placing my feet on the planks, half floating and half walking. Even if the plank broke from underneath me, I wouldn't fall. Still, I watched fi as she walked, just in case she did.

By then, we were in the middle of the bridge. My eyes were still glued to my bunny. I heard a crack, something so small even I could barley make it out. I took my eyes off fi for a second, searching the bridge below us.

"Fi I heard a-" I started.

"Marsh- AAHL!" Fionna screamed, followed by a larger cracking sound.

I turned my head to her- who wasn't there anymore?

"Frick!" I yelled, running a hand through my hair, trying to think. Blood was running to my head and I started to get dizzy. "Fionna!" I screamed, floating fast over to the missing plank of wood where she stood seconds prior. "Fionna?"

A smile hit my face when I looked down out of the opening where she fell. "Marshall help me up!" She yelled.

She had fallen, but not into the fire pit. She dangled by a single rope.

I sighed, relieved, and flew around and under the bridge, sweeping her up from the rope. "You know I could have just flown us both over." I reminded her.

"What?! I almost died! Why didn't you?!" She squealed, her face red.

"You didn't ask." I chuckled.

I flew us the rest of the way over, setting fi Down gently.

"What do you think is inside?" She asked, turning her attention to the box and tucking her bangs behind her ear, and slowly moving towards it.

"I have no idea." I truthfully answered, floating closely behind her. I picked up the small wooden box, and tried to open it. "Its Locked." I said, inspecting it.

Fionna made a sad face and puppy dog eyes. "Bunk. Can we still try to open it when we get out of here?" She fluttered her lashes. "Pwetty pwease?"

"Of course bunny." I Laughed. I handed her the box, and grabbed her warm hand. I could feel electricity between us. "Lets go." I flew up, holding fi's hand, trying to keep the smile off my face.

When we touched, I always felt this sort of weird electricity starting at wherever we did, that went straight to my heart. The feeling was amazing, and when it was gone, it left me wanting more.

We crept back into the monsters room, making almost no sound. Until Fionna just HAD to drop the box.

She picked it up worriedly, and we both stared at the monster, waiting in anticipation.

It flickered open its big green eye, and I knew we were dead. I could only say one word. "Run."

Fi obeyed, and began to run around the corner, and towards the exit. I flew up, grabbed Fionna from under her arms, and went as fast as I could. I glanced back, and just as I expected, the monster was chasing after us, blaring its fangs. This ones fangs were sharper than mine- which made me nervous. It growled angrily and swiped at us, on our tails.

I glanced back down at fionna, who had a worried look on her face.

She then said something that motivated me, and I don't know why. "Marsh- we're not gonna make it."

I just gave her a smile. A smile that, brought a confused look to her. "Yes we are bunny." I reassured her. She smiled back at me.

The exit was right there. I could see it! The light. The ever so heavenly light. I darted at the opening, leaving the monster a few feet behind.

We shot out of the dungeons like a bullet, landing roughly on the ground.

I looked back, expecting the two headed dragon lion, but to my surprise, he had gotten stuck in the opening. The two heads twisted around frantically, searching for a way out.

We both laughed, really hard. A terrifying creature in distress- that was just too funny. Fi was rolling on the floor, while I held my stomach.

We both got up, me pulling her to her feet, and her still giggling non-stop.

"Aw my gosh dude.." She breathed.

"Lets go find somewhere to open this." I said, showing my fangs and intertwining our fingers. I led her to a grassy ledge, a small patch that overlooked the whole forest. We sat on the edge, inches away from each other. I didn't have to hide in the shade, because the sun was going down. She handed the box to me, and the feeling of need was stronger than ever.

I simply thought of blood, automatically sharpening my fangs. I stuck a single fang in the hole and fiddled around with it until I heard a small click. Satisfied, I set the box down on my lap. "Do you wanna open it fi?" I asked.

"Sure marshy." She said, taking her index finger and flipping the top open. We both stared at the wondrous objects in awe.