2: Unexpected

~*~

Fionnas POV

I ran outside.

Away from gumball.

As fast as I could.

I was having the worst birthday ever. I should have never come. My shoes hit the many candy stairs, *tik, tik, tik,tik,tik. Then one of my feet decided to tangle up with the other; sending me flying down the 500 stair staircase, tumbling. I was rolling in circles for what seems like forever. after awhile, i landed at the bottom, rubbing my head in a daze.

I sat up, only to turn right into none other than, Marshall lee, the vampire king. He looked at me in surprise, trying not to laugh, " are you okay girlie?" I was surprised. I didn't think the vampire cared about anyone- even though the gesture was roughly nice. " Just a few scratches. Nothing bad."

"Well - you fell for pretty long." He throws me a perfect smile, and I feel my knees get weak. "Let me help , sweet cheeks." Marshall says with a toothy grin, and pulls me to my feet. We stand for awhile, me, just awkwardly eyeing his fangs. I know he wanted to bite me. I had the only human blood left. Anywhere.

Unexpectedly, he threw a hand under my thighs and the other around my neck, picking me up. I struggle as he starts letting go of all of his weight, leaving himself suspended in air. I squeal out of fright, and start kicking my legs, throwing my arms around his neck, holding as tight as I could, burying my face into his shoulder. He just laughs, carrying on. By that time, we were already a good 50 feet off the ground. from what i could tell, we were moving forward, too. "where are you taking me?!?" i ask. he gives me a sly look, "relax doll. you'll know when we get there." I had no other choice but to stay put.

I wonder if I was weighing him down.His hair flew in just the right places in all the right times. Kinda dreamy. I wonder how he does that. I want my hair to do that. Ill ask later.

On the way, we talked a little. By then- I had relaxed a bit.

"Did you like the party? -besides gumbutt?" He smirks, looking down at me. I let out a giggle, "no, not really. I hate classical, and tea. I'd rather have a party with, you know, streamers and cake, and loud music." My eyes widen, "Maybe even some video games. Gumball throws one of these lame things every year."

His eyes sharpen and sparkle in the moonlight. "oh really?" a mischievous smile hits his mouth. He whips around, in a complete different direction, and my hair blows in my face. My mind wondered what the glob he's doing, but my mouth wouldn't let me speak it. Also I had hair in it. I wanted to see what this vampire had in store for me. He laughs, maniacally, and flies faster than ever.

I started to hear quiet music, but from a distance. I knew Marshall had heard it miles before I had. We landed at a large, black, circular building with no windows. What could it be? A castle, or a torture chamber? On the front , in sparkly letters, were: 'CLUB 21'.

"It's called a club." He says, pulling on his collar. Does he have mind reading powers too?! OH MATH, then he knew that I thought his hair was "dreamy"?

He continues, " your kind used to go and party like this all the time. They called it clubbing. They invented it."

We slowly walk into the "club".

I look at him in question, " how does it work?" He just smirks. " they party, do crazy things, get sick, and wake up the next morning with no underwear on." I laugh, and dig him in the shoulder. "No way man." He looked at me with an even larger smirk, " no it's true. But we can just party- if you want." He raises an eyebrow, And I laugh even harder. Marshall is such a cool guy. I had a feeling we were going to be friends for long time.

We walk into the doors, and loud pinging music is playing. They're was lights flashing everywhere, making me excited. I asked Marshall, " do you know this song?"

"No, but I'm going to go give the DJ something to play that I do know." He turned back to me, " stay put, I don't want to lose you." Another smirk creeps it's way onto his face. This time i blushed. What would cake think about all this? I'm left sitting on a barstool, and the bartender, a crusty, overweight being from the fire kingdom, was eyeing me from five feet away. *shivers*

Then Marshall came back, and the most amazing song surrounded us.

It had a glob ton of bass, and people singing, and I don't know what I felt about it. "What's this called?" I asked Marshall.

"2068 remix." He answered, flipping his hair, again, landing in all the right places.

I looked at him, "I LOVE IT."