14: I remember this feeling

SORRY I haven't updated for like 5 days, I've been trying to finish this chapter but have had slight writers block... But I did it, and ended up with a extra long chappy!! :D tell me what you think please:)

~*~

Marshall's POV

I woke up the next morning in a huff. The day before had been exhausting. I sat upright in my bed, feeling strangely different. The same melancholy feeling spread throughout my veins, leaving me with only one option for a facial expression; a raised eyebrow.

I got up like normal, brushing my hair and fangs, leaving them a stunning black and white. I pulled my grey flannel over my head, making my way down the stairs, and grabbed an apple from the kitchen. I walked out the door, sticking a fang into the juicy fruit. I was going to go see what my bunny was up to, like I promised myself the day before.

I began to fly out of my shady cave, twiddling my fingers around my amulet- but I stopped myself before I could hit the sunlight. I realized I forgot my umbrella. That would have been a fatal move.

Although- I didn't go back for it. I just stood there, staring at the rays of goodness.

The last time I touched sunlight was about 17 years ago, before I even knew Fionna. I was floating around aimlessly at night, and simply didn't reach my cave before sunrise. When I saw the sun, I tried to hide under a shady tree, but failed. Half of my arm was burnt, and left blistered and red. It was literally the second most painful thing I've ever experienced, the first being actually being turned into a vampire.

But my mind wandered about the subject. I didn't really remember what it felt like to touch the sun. A feeling of curiosity spread throughout me, and suddenly I wanted to. "Should I?" I asked myself.

I knew there was extreme pain involved, but my mind kind of blocked that part out. All that was left was me and the sun. The sun that I slightly missed. I barley remembered the feeling of being in that warmth when I was a kid. Before I was turned.

Me and the sun resembled bubba and science. Fionna and swords. Cake and pancakes. Lsp and gossip. Except I couldn't do anything with the sun.

I decided it was now or never. "Whatever" I sighed.

I bit my lip, and cautiously stuck my pinkie into the light.

What?

A small smile crept its way to my face. Not a smirk, an actual smile. Something I hadn't done for a while.

I had to show this to fionna.

~*~

Fionna's POV

I sat at home on the couch, bored out of my mind. BMA tried to entertain me, but didn't succeed. She danced and played music. She offered video games and movies. Nothing seemed to interest me though. "Maybe later BMA. Sorry.." I guiltily told her, patting her on her little robot head and shooing her out of the room.

A few seconds later I heard a knock at the door. Exited, I sprang up out of my seat and flung the front door open.

Marshall? He stood there just staring, with the biggest and cockiest smile that I've ever seen on anyone. Wait- he didn't have an umbrella with him..

"OH MY GLOB!" I yelled, literally pulling him into the house. He landed on top of me, surprised. I held his face in fear. "Marshy! Are you ok?!?" He was standing directly in the sun, of course he wasn't OK. "Where are you burnt?!?"

"No where."

"What?"

"Erm- No where."

"No- I heard you. Just.. How?" I held his face close to mine, and his grin got bigger, if that was even possible.