3: Vampires don't sweat

Then, he took my hand, and led us to the middle of the huge crowd. The music stopped. And started again. And stopped. Started. Stop. Start. No. Go. Faster and faster, the music faded in and out, hitting everyone within a twenty mile range. Before I knew it, me and Marshall were jumping up and down, fist pumping along with the rest of the crowd. It was so intense. That went on for what seemed like forever, bringing my heart rate over the charts. The lights were almost hypnotizing. I never wanted to stop.

But After a while, I needed a break. Marshall followed me over to where I was sitting, trying not to laugh. "What?" I get slightly offended. Backing away.

"No- fionna, you're drenched in sweat." He giggles.

I look down, only to see my clothes soaked, my hair dripping with mad adidude. I looked like someone had just pushed me into a pool.

"Oh my glob..." My eyes got wide, looking all over my soaking body.

"It's okay, it happens all the time." He says to me, reassuringly, still with a comical smile on his face. But I looked at him, and HE didn't even break a sweat. "How come you're not sweaty?" He showed off his fangs, " vampire. Vampires don't sweat. They don't even get tired." He says proudly, puffing out his chest. "Lucky you." I roll my eyes.

"Not really. It comes with a price, you know." He says, showing his fangs off with even more sparkle. They actually weren't scary or threatening to me anymore- more like... Inviting. Strange.

After awhile- he decided to fly me home. We had had so much fun, more fun than I'd had in a long time. We danced for what seems like forever, shared a few drinks (pop) and laughed at all the drunk people doing crazy stupid things, like trying to drink beer while upside down. We laughed so hard when one guy screamed when upside down and tried to drink the beer at the same time, ending up coughing it all over himself, going into every which way direction. My stomach hurt so bad from laughing by the end of that.

Soon It was midnight. As he flew me home, I could feel the wind in my hair and the rose coming to my cheeks. And I loved it. I had never felt so free; so alive. I wondered if Marshall felt this too; or this wonderful feeling had faded for him long ago. I felt bad for anyone who couldn't experience this.

We continued on our way in silence until Marshall brought up a topic: "cake is gonna be so mad at you!" He snickered. I laugh, and reply with "well- whose fault was that?" While Gesturing to him. He looks down at me , sarcastically, " nooooo..."

I boop him on the nose, and he shakes it off, laughing. I was laughing too. This had literally been the best birthday. Ever.

We had finally gotten to my bedroom window. He let me down, making sure i didn't fall.once i was inside, I looked back up at him, "Marshall- thanks.. For everything. Especially for the gumbutt incident." He cracks a smile at my use of his nickname, " night fionna." I took one last look at the vampire. His hair, now blowing in the wind, still perfect. His eyes were the brightest of ever. They were now a delicious dark brown- instead of his usual strict ink black. It was sweet, seeing him like this. I could see the care in his eyes. i drew one last wave, as he returned it and flew off. That's the last thing I remembered.

~*~

(Finally)

Marshall's POV

I flew her home, her hair blowing all over her face. It was kinda cute..- wait no, no, no, no, no, no, NO. I could not and never like the human. If we ever decided to date... My heart thumped at the thought. All I would do is hurt her! She's now 16, and I'm 17.. So...

I would have to watch her become 17.. 18...19... 20.. 21... After awhile, she'd be too old for me anyway.

I suppose I could just bite her. But that would be in the circumstances of... Love.

But she didn't love me, and I didn't love her. Kinda. So why was I even thinking about this? Stupid brain.

I glanced at her rosy cheeks and spat out, " cake is gonna be so mad at you!"

She giggled, and returned, "whose fault was that?" Nodding at me.

"Noooooo.." I make it clear that I was being sarcastic. She then booped me on the nose, making my cheeks go red. She was acting really flirty, actually. Like she liked me. But no, that couldn't possibly be true. I shook it off, laughing. She laughed with me. We had gotten to her window, and I set her down ever so gently, like she was a fragile vase. I could see she knew I cared for her. She looked up at me, with striking blue eyes sparkling in the moonlight, " Marshall- thanks.. For everything. Especially for the gumbutt incident." I couldn't believe she used my nickname. Is wasn't a possessive feeling over the name, i was .. More like - admiring how she used it.

"Night fionna." I say, and float off into the dark, watching her wave to me one last time. I wanted to hang with this girl again. And again. And again. And again. I loved being with her, beside her, I felt like she would always be safe with me. That's nothing gumbutt could ever even start to try to do.

Authors note: comment & vote plz! ;D