6: Ah the power of invisibility

~*~

Marshall's POV

I laid at my house, thinking of song lyrics, strumming my bass, occasionally writing something down on a notepad that was sitting on my desk. I was writing a song for no one other than Fionna. The last few lines were on the tip of my tongue, and I could feel them. But nothing came, and my mind drew a blank. I recited the lines again:

"Nothing would be the same without you.. Your eyes- sparkle in the moonlight stars, you're so special- ill never forget you- you make me wanna cover up my .. Scars?"

It was literally the worst song I had ever written. I didn't even want to cover up my scars. I angrily ripped up the sorry excuse of a song and threw it in my trash, disappointed in myself.

After about fifty more paper balls in the trash, I decided to take a walk outside for inspiration. That's right, a walk. Not a fly, not a float. A walk.

I walked, like I usually didn't do. It felt slightly strange. My mind kept telling me: "Marshall, FLY! It's what you were meant to do!"

I simply blocked out my thoughts, and peacefully closed my eyes, letting my feet take me wherever they felt. I could hear Howls from the why wolves over in the distance, making me feel at home, in the night. after awhile, I got slightly lonely, like I always did at night. I let myself peek at where I was, casually opening one eye. Of course, I was at Fionna's treehouse. My feet had ignored my brain, and listened to my heart instead. Great. That's what I get for letting my human parts lead me.

I looked up, only to find Fionna, sitting on the top of their roof. I smirked at this. Her hair was out, blowing in the wind, and she had poke-dot pajamas on. Again, childish, but adorable. Beautiful. I decided to play a little game.

~*~

Fionna's POV

Something was watching me. I could feel it's presence. It sent chills running down my spine. The feeling was a feeling of cold evil, like my instincts were telling me, "get off your clueless butt and run". But I stayed. I wouldn't move, I was too busy thinking about cake knowing my big secret.

I knew she would tell. She couldn't keep a secret from anybody.

When I was younger, I told her that i had a crush on gumball. she didn't last even two days before she just "had" to tell him. I knew, Marshall lee would know the truth soon.

The evil presence was still lurking near me. I could feel it getting closer and closer.

Something taps my shoulder, and I jump, turning around.

No one. My imagination scares me sometimes. But- was it my imagination? It happened again, but on my other shoulder. I fixated my eyeballs behind me; the thing had to come out some time. Another tap, but from in front this time. I turned, expecting nothing, but instead, there was a fang- blaring, Marshall lee. Everything went blurry and I lost my balance. I suddenly felt no ground under me. I realized, I had fallen off the roof.

I closed my eyes, waiting for a smack. But no, I never hit. I felt that I was falling... Up? I opened my eyes, to see Marshall, carrying me back up to the top. he gently put me down, back on the roof.

"MARSHALL LEE." I whisper- shouted to him. His expression was deep and devious. He started floating around me, doing multiple flips and tricks. "what, my little bunny wabbit?" He jokingly put. I knew he was joking- but it still made me blush. "What are you doing here?!" He just looked down at me, baffled, "I'm sorry, I didn't know I wasn't allowed outside." He perfectly landed close beside me, smirking, his hair falling perfectly over his eyes. Oh, how I loved that smirk of his.

I snarled, "you know what I mean." He neared close to me and whispered playfully, "do I?" I could feel his cold breath on my face, making me blush the darkest shade of red. "you blush a lot." He cheerfully pointed out, slowly moving away from me. I had no answer. We sat there for a few silent moments, until he started to whistle the most wonderful tune. I swayed along to the gorgeous melody, as he continued on. He eventually swayed with me, closer to me than ever before. He turned his face to mine, inches apart. He leaned in closer, still whistling the tune, my heart beating out of my chest. This was it Fionna. We both stopped swaying, the melody slowly drifting away from his thoughts. He got closer, and closer, our lips now a centimeter away from each other, and he closed his eyes.

"Hey fionna, are you going to-" cake gasped at the sight of me and Marshall. She covered her mouth, as me and Marshall sprang quickly away from each other, both of us blushing.

I knew it was too good to be true.

Cake climbed up onto the roof with a worried look, " you..? And him..?" I shook my head no, embarrassed. "and you were..." She looked at Marshall with a faint look, who had a surprised look on his face, but sadness In his eyes. I felt my eyes starting to water. "Don't cry Fionna, don't cry. You can't cry over boys". I silently told myself.

I swear we all just stayed there for minutes, blinking occasionally at each other. It was the worst moment of my life. I looked back at Marshall, but he had disappeared. I sighed. He was lucky he had an option of leaving. I didn't blame him. Cake was going to kill me now.

But Cake just looked up at me, concerned, "'honey - lets go inside..." While twisting her tail between her paws. But I had Made my decision. "no. Cake.. I'm sorry- I need time alone right now. You understand?" I guiltily raised an eyebrow and half smiled at her. She silently nodded, and jumped down the ladder, closing the hatch.

When I knew she was gone, I let a few salty tears stream down my face. It felt good to let it all out for once. I sat on the roof of my own treehouse, silently crying. Over a boy.

That's when I was interrupted.

Someone tipped my head back, held the back of my hair, and gently laid their lips across mine, spreading joy and confusion across my whole body. I struggled at first, but then I felt a fang, behind the lips of the someone. I instantly knew who it was, and smiled under the kiss. He knew I was smiling. I tasted the sweet strawberries he loved. I was losing oxygen- but I didn't care.

We both pulled back slowly, observing each others reaction. He regained his usual sly look. "Ah, the power of invisibility." And then he was gone. Really gone this time. I turned away, smiling and blushing hard. I opened the hatch and climbed down the ladder.

I just kissed the vampire king.

~*~

Marshall's POV

I flew more freely than I ever had, over the hills, peacefully resting my hands under my head, my eyes closed. I had just kissed her. And it was so different from any other kiss I had ever had. So, gentle, so sweet, her lips tasted like vanilla. I even flew over the flame kingdom, and flame prince was outside. He looked up at me, and I tried to scowl at him. But I simply couldn't. Nothing in the world could take the smile off my face right now.

I just smiled at him, and carried on.

After some more frolicking through the air, I arrived at my house, and set myself on my couch, now being way softer than before. I thought. I wondered what was going to happen to our relationship. Mine and Fionnas. Would she get mad, and never be my friend again? Again, I shuddered at the word. I pictured her face after I kissed her, all cute and red. I'm sure that was a positive reaction. I sigh, thinking about it. i put my hands under my head, eventually falling asleep.

❤❥❤❥❤❥❤❥❤❥❤❥❤❥

SO SORRY for the really short chapter guys. :,(

Anyway-

Please give me a vote, and leave me a comment about what you think!