Chapter 21

Today is the day Jayceon and Kylie are going to be meeting each other. Jayceon is throwing a cook out for family and friends today, so he insisted that I bring Kylie.

I haven't even met his family so I don't know if I want Kylie to meet them yet. But I kind of don't have a choice. I've kept her away from him for to long so it's time for me to suck it up and let them meet each other.

"Mommy where are we going?" She asked as I picked her out an outfit. I grabbed a pink floral button down blouse and some light washed jeans and laid them out on the bed. She said she wanted to wear her pink sparkly toms so I laid them on the floor.

"To meet some people." I told her. I haven't figured out a way to tell her about Jayceon.

"What people?" She asked. I sighed, because I have to tell her sooner or later. I sat down on her bed and patted the spot next to me.

"Remember I told you your daddy was a spy?" I asked and she nodded. "Well, he's finally done being a spy and he wants to meet you!" I explained and her eyes lit up.

"Really mommy?" She screamed in excitement.

"Yes baby, you're finally going to meet him. His family wants to meet you to." I told her.

"I can't wait!" She squealed. "Okay mama you have to get out so I can get dressed." She said, pushing me out the room. I giggled once she slammed the door shut. My baby is really excited to meet him.

I went in my room and searched for something to wear. I decided on wearing a red floral button down blouse, some light washed jeans, and my red toms. Me and Ky are matching today. To top my outfit off, I added some clear MAC lip gloss and a red Chanel bag. I put my hair up in a neat bun because I didn't feel like doing anything else.

"Ky, are you ready? I need to do your hair." I said, coming in her room. She had just slipped her feet in her toms. I sat on her bed and she sat between my legs. I did her hair in a bun just like mine and added a pink bow around it.

"I want my lips shiny like yours!" She said, smiling. I dug in my purse for my mac lipstick and applied a little bit on her lips.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Yes!" She yelled. I swear Kylie doesn't have an inside voice, she screams in literally every sentence.

I grabbed my purse, made sure everything was in it, then I locked up the house. Kylie skipped to the car and waited for me to come help her in because she couldn't reach the door. I buckled her in and went to the drivers side.

I drove to Jayceon's house and I was more than nervous. I don't really care about if his family likes me or not, but how will they like Ky? She's very sensitive when it comes to people liking her and it hurts her feelings when they don't.

I pulled up to the house and parked on the curb because the yard was filled with cars. I got Kylie out the backseat and put her on my hip. She started squirming and I could tell she was a bit nervous to.

"It's going to be fine Ky." I reassured her. She calmed down and laid her head on my shoulder. 

I didn't bother knocking on the front door because Jayceon told me to come straight to the backyard. I walked back and my eyes widened at how big Jayceon's family is. I can't believe I have to face all of these people, I'm glad I have my daughter by my side.

I searched the crowd for Jayceon but I couldn't find him. People were staring at me out of curiosity, since I wasn't apart of the family. Finally I spotted Jayceon coming towards us.

"Hey." He spoke.

"Hi." I said. Kylie tucked her head in my neck and held I death grip on me because she knew I was about to put her down. I tried to pull her off of me but she wouldn't budge. "Kylie let go." I mumbled in her ear, causing Jayceon to chuckle.