Chapter 20

"Spill." My mom and Leah said in unison.
We were currently getting Sunday dinner prepared, which we have every Sunday. Me, my mom, and Leah all cooked while my dad, one of his coworkers, baby Malik, and Brian all stayed in the front room doing god knows what.

"What are y'all talking about?" I asked, mixing the batter for the cornbread.

"Cut the bull Naomi, Leah told me you left the club with Jayceon last night and there's an obvious limp in your walk." My mama stated with a smirk.

"I'm walking like this because I fell earlier today and hit my knee on the wall and Leah you talk to damn much." I said, mugging Leah.

"Hey, Mrs. Waters is my gossiping partner, I had to tell her." Leah shrugged. "Now stop stalling and tell us what happened." She added.

"Fine. Jayceon took me to his house last night and we did a lot of unholy things that I'd rather not talk about. Which is why I went to church this morning." I said, almost getting wet all over again just thinking of the things that went on between me and Jayceon.

"You guys are no different from back then. Remember the first time y'all had sex and y'all did it everywhere in the damn house?" Leah said, shuddering in disgust.

"Yeah." I said, blushing.

"I'm happy for you pitit fu, I'd rather you be with Jayceon than any other man." My mom said.

"Wait, who said we were together? That was just a hookup, we didn't even talk about being in a relationship again."

"Well do you want to be with him?" My mom asked. I haven't even really thought about that.

"I'm not sure yet. I mean, I know he's not going to want anything to do with me once he finds out about Kylie but only time will tell, I don't want to force anything." I said, shrugging.

"You should invite him to have dinner with us tonight." Leah suggested.

"Yeah." My mom agreed.

"No, are you guys crazy? He doesn't know about Kylie yet and I haven't thought of way to tell him." I said, sighing.

"Naomi you have to tell him sooner or later." Leah said.

"I know but I'm not ready to yet." I replied.

Next Day

"Ky, stop running!" I yelled as she ran from isle to isle in the grocery store.

"Mommy, we have to go to the toy isle!" She screamed, continuing to run. I promised her that if she was good for her grandparents when I'd buy her a toy from Walmart when we went grocery shopping and she was more than eager.

I sighed and followed her to the toy isle, practically running to get up with her. I don't see how she has so much energy from going to her montessori school and ballet classes. All I do is pose for pictures here and there and I'm not that energetic.

When I got to the toy isle, my heart almost fell to the pit of my stomach. There was Jayceon, squatting down to eye level talking to Kylie. When he noticed me he looked confused but Ky's face lit up.

"There's my mommy right there!" She said, pointing at me. Jayceon stood up and studied my face. I could tell he was looking for answers from my facial expression, but I kept it blank. "Mama this is my new friend Mr. Jay, he was going to help me find you but I told him you were coming. Mr. Jay this is my mommy."

"Naomi." Jayceon said through gritted teeth.

"Hey how do you know my momm-" Ky was cut off by another familiar voice.