Chapter 18

Naomi in MM

"Mommy." I whined. Me and Ky were currently at my parents' house, not doing anything. I was begging my mother to make me one of her famous chocolate cakes, I was really feening for the damn thing.

"Mama stop being a baby." Kylie told me.

"Tell her again Ky." My mom said, agreeing with me.

"Mama stop being a baby." Ky repeated. I glared at her while her and my mom laughed at me.

"Fine, I'll just ask daddy to do a little bit of persuading and I'm sure you'll make the cake." I stuck my tongue out at them and jogged upstairs to my dad's study.

"Daddy, mama won't make me a cake." I pouted, plopping down on my dad's lap. Yes, four years later and I'm still a daddy's girl, don't judge me.

"I'll handle princess." He pecked my forehead and went back to doing whatever he was doing on his computer. I smiled in satisfaction and went back downstairs to the kitchen.

"I told my daddy on you." I teased.

"Papa isn't gone do nothing mama, he can't get to my grandma. Right granny?" Kylie's smart self said.

"That's right baby."

I was about to reply, but my phone vibrated with a text from Leah.

Text Convo:

Leah- Aye bitch!!

Me- Sup hoe?

Leah- Let's go out tonight.

Me- Where?

Leah- This new club just opened and I want to see what it's about, are you down?

Me- Yeah, but I'll have to see if my mom wants to watch Ky for tonight

Leah- Okay well call me when you find out

End Of Text Convo

"Manman.." I said in a sing song voice. I called her "mother" in Haitian in hopes to convince her to keep Ky tonight.

"What do you want child?" She asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"How do you know I want something, dang?" I asked.

"Because I know you that well. I'm not making the cake Naomi, end of discussion." She said. Little did she know, once my dad gets a hold of her she will definitely be making my cake.

"I wasn't even talking about that mama. I was wondering if you would be willing to watch Kylie for me tonight, me and Leah are going out to a club." I confessed.

"Oh pitit fu I'd love to, you need to get out. Maybe this is your chance to find yourself a man so you can stop obsessing over Jayceon." She said.

"Who is Jayceon?" Kylie asked. I forgot she was even in the room.

"Honey go in the living room while me and grandma talk for a minute." I told her. She hopped down from the stool and waited for me to hand her the juice box she'd left sitting on the counter. When I did, she skipped to the front room with her favorite stuffed animal in tow.

"Why'd you have to bring him up manman?" I asked, sighing.

"Because it's true, you are obsessing over that man. Pitit fu, it's been 4 years for crying out loud! Get over him and find yourself someone else, you deserve. Either that or pull your phone out and call him cause I know you still have his number." She said, stating the truth. I debated on calling him almost everyday since Kylie was born, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

"You know I can't do that mama, I just can't."

"I don't see why not. You know you're wrong for not telling him about his kid and in due time it's going to come and bite you in the ass." She said.

"Mama I don't need you to lecture me about a man that left me." I almost yelled.

"He left you for a reason though Naomi, I would've left to. Don't try to make it seem like he just left because he didn't want you anymore, Jayceon was in love with you." I was close to tears but I wouldn't dare let them fall. I haven't cried since the first time I held Ky and I'm not about to break my streak now.

"Whatever. Are you going to keep her or what?" I asked, wanting to be done with conversation.

"I already told you I would. Do me a favor and get laid tonight, we both know you need it."

"Mama!" I yelled with wide eyes.

"What? It's true, you need a stress reliever." She said, shrugging. I chuckled and shook my head because she's 100% right.

I said goodbye to my mother then went to the living room to see my dad and Kylie playing with Ky's favorite barbie dolls.

"Bye daddy, bye Ky. I love y'all." I kissed both if their foreheads and left out, hoping in my car.

I drove home and called Leah when I pulled into the driveway. She answered on the third ring.

"Hello?" She said, out of breath.

"Hey Leah, did I interrupt something?" I asked, chuckling.

"Yes actually, what's up though? Are you coming to the club with us tonight?" She asked.

"Yes I'm coming, but who's us?"

"Brian insisted that he tag along." She said, I could hear the irritation in her voice and I bet she was rolling her eyes at him.

"Where's my baby Malik?" I asked her.

"Girl in his room sleep, Brian's mom is watching him tonight." She said. I heard some shifting in the background and then I Brian's voice.

"Hey Naomi, Leah's busy so she's going to call you back when she's done." I didn't get a chance to say anything back before he hung up. Their nasty asses, ever since they got married they have sex literally anytime and anywhere.

I looked at the clock and seen it was only 5:32 PM so I had plenty of time to get a nap in before it was time to go.

Later That Night

The vibration of my phone woke me from my nap and I let my eyes adjust to the brightness of my phone before answering Leah's call.

"Hello?" I answered in a raspy voice.

"Ewh, you need to hang up this phone and try that again." She yelled in my ear.

"Fuck you Leah, but what's up?" I asked.

"It's 9 PM honey, time to get dressed. Are you riding with us or do you want to meet you there?" She asked.

"You guys can come pick me up." I answered.

"Okay, we'll be there at 10:30 so you better be ready or you're getting left." She said. I hung up on her ass since she was trying to be funny, but I'm sure I'll be hearing her mouth when they pick me up.