Chapter 5

A/N: I am now aware that the language is not called "Haitian" but instead Creole, PLEASE STOP COMMENTING AND REMINDING ME THAT I MADE THAT MISTAKE! It's getting mad annoying. Now continue reading...

A/N pt. 2: okay so y'all obviously didn't get the first memo 😂 the next time someone comments about that mistake, you're getting tf BLOCKED.

(Leah in MM)

It was Thursday night and me, Leah and Anya were out to eat dinner at Friday's since Mr. Taylor let us out of class early for some reason. I was going to stay and ask him what was going on, but I'd been staying after school a lot lately and I didn't want people to start becoming suspicious.

"That owl pellet Mr. Taylor had us dissect today was disgusting, I saw all types of mouse bones in that thing." Anya said, shivering with a screw face.

"It wasn't that bad, at least it wasn't another pregnant rat or something like that." Leah said, shrugging her shoulders.

"They both were pretty fun to me, I liked dissecting the rat more than the owl pellet because it was more graphic." I chimed in. They both looked at me and gave me a "bitch are you crazy?" type of look.

"I don't really like Biology like that, but I do like Mr. Taylor's sexy ass." Anya said, biting her lip.

"He is pretty sexy." I said, smirking in agreement.

"I honestly think he likes you Naomi, you're like the teachers pet when it comes to him." Leah said, causing Anya to roll her eyes. She gets so jealous when Mr. Taylor pays me some mind while he completely ignores her.

"I've been failing his class on purpose lately, I have the perfect plan. Once he realizes that I'm failing I'll ask him can I stay after school for some extra help so he can tutor me. Then I'm going to seduce him and get him to fuck me on his desk." Anya said.

"Do you seriously think that's going to work?" I asked her.

"Yes, it has to. I'm going to get him one way or another." She said. Not if I have any say so in it.

Next Day

"Mama I finally found someone I like." I said to my mama, smiling from ear to ear. It was Friday night and I was at my mothers house talking to her about any and everything. Usually, my father would be here talking with us but he had something last minute to handle at his business.

"Really, who?" She asked.

"You have to promise you won't get mad. And you can't tell daddy, I'm not ready for him to know."

"I promise I won't get mad and I'll let you tell him when you're ready." She said.

I could tell she was anxious to know because she's always pestering me about how I need a man in my life. She once even asked me if I was gay. I've had my curios thoughts about women but I don't think I'd actually be able to settle down with one.

"It's my teacher." I spilled.

"Your what? pitit fi yo, se ou ki grav kounye a??!!" She spoke in Haitian (Translation: daughter, are you serious right now??!!)

"Yes mama, but hear me out first." I said, before she could say some unpleasant words to me in Haitian.

"Naomi, he has to be at least 50 years old, you're barely even 20!"

"He's only 29! I really like him and I think he likes me to. He's smart and he's my biology teacher-"

"You're going to sleep around with your teacher just so you can pass a class? Oh mwen bonte." She shook her head and sat down. (Translation: Oh my goodness.)

"No, I've always had good grades and you should know that I don't need to try to butter up my teacher to get good grades! We're not sleeping together, we're not even dating. We've only kissed manmam." I said, saying "mother" in Haitian so she could know I was being genuine.

"Tell me something pitit fi, is he cute?" She asked, calling me "daughter" in Haitian. Even though we both know English very well we still talk in Haitian sometimes. Like when we're discussing something and we don't want my father to know what we're talking about, we talk in Haitian.

I learned it because when I was first born my daddy had just started working his way up in his business, so he was rarely home. My mother spent all her spare time teaching me how to speak Haitian and English.

"Cute is an understatement mama, he's as fine as they come. Every time he looks at me he makes me feel like no other man has ever made me feel! Even though we're not really serious he still makes me feel like the only girl in the world and I honestly think he could finally be that man that doesn't waste my time." I said, smiling while thinking about Mr. Taylor.

"Awwwh, how sweet. I remember your father used to make me feel the exact same way. Only difference is that your teacher actually acknowledges your presence, your father would ignore me. That was until I stopped chasing him and gave my attention to another man, then he'd realized that I was the one he wanted. I didn't give in so easy though, I made him work for my heart." She explained. I loved hearing her and my fathers' love story.

"Hopefully I won't have to do so much chasing with this one." I said, chuckling.

"If you do I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end babygirl." I blushed at the mention of the nickname Mr. Taylor often calls me.

"I left out one detail mama."

"What's up?" She said.

"We're having dinner tonight at 9." I said, smiling from ear to ear once again.

"Pitit fi! It's already 6:30, you need to head home and get dressed!" She exclaimed.

"Okay, okay. Bye mama, I love you." I said to her as she walked me to the front door.

"Bye baby, make sure you shave and wear something sexy under your clothes!" She said.

"I just got a wax earlier and I'll be sure to do that." I said, speeding out of the driveway. Me and my mother always discuss stuff like that with each other, but I wouldn't dare talk about something like that with my father.