Chapter 31: Cabin in the Woods

It was so uncomfortable driving with her. After everything she put me through, I never thought that we would be in a car together, trying to save someone. Well, that's what I'm here for, I don't know why she wanted to come.

I caught her staring at me a few times. Every time I saw her I was caught by a mix of emotions. I was so furious about what she did to me and then had the audacity to ride along with me. I was also sad because now we can't even talk. I remember the days when you couldn't get us to stop.

"Woah too much skin. The guys are going to be all over you."

She laughed. "Thena I already got a boyfriend. I ain't worried about them."

"A new boyfriend? Why didn't I know?" I asked.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." she told me.
She was happy, so happy that it made her look evil.

"So when will I meet this guy?"

"Soon. I promise." she looked into my eyes deeply.

I still can remember every detail from our last day being friends. She practically told me that she was with Quise. We could've still been friends; I would've moved on from Quise and I's relationship issues. As long as she was happy. But then she did the one thing I never would've imagined her to do.

"I can't believe you two! I mean I can kind of expect it from Marcus cause he was a cheater before but you Melissa! You're supposed to be like my sister! "

Melissa got up and got her pants on. "Girl we ain't fucking sisters. Yo ass been against me from the start."

"How have I been against you?" I yelled.

"You knew I fucking had a crush on Quise and you still went for him! What kind of sister does that? I talked to you everyday about how happy he makes me and then you secretly trying to get him for yourself! Then Chad! I saw you Thena, I saw you! You kissed my boyfriend! It was like watching my heart being ripped out because I really did love him."

"Lissa... you knew I liked Quise too. And it's not like I went for him- he asked me out and Chad kissed me! But what I still don't understand is why your doing this to me. I've never been that evil toward you."

"Maybe if yo ass wasn't so gullible then maybe you would've saw the signs. But guess your boyfriend just wanted me. "she laughed, "And guess what? I was never drunk. You know I don't do alcohol but once again yo gullible ass believed it."

"Can't believe I was even friends with your vindictive bitch ass."I turned around and walked away.

She was supposed to be my sister. I kept all of her secrets to myself and always did her right. Even now I didn't intend on telling anyone some of her personal issues. I looked at the time in the car. It was 4:23. We had been riding in the car for an hour now and it got more awkward with every second that passed.

The light turned red and I turned around. She was looking at me and it was really bothering me. "What?" I asked her angrily.

Melissa shook her head and wiped her eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"Sorry for what? You can't possibly be sorry for what you did." I told her.

"Well I am. I'm sorry for sleeping with Marcus. I was just being a childish little bitch. I know no amount of apologizing is going to help us. You're furious at me. You hate me. But I have been through more than I deserve for treating you wrong. First I get pregnant and got all these hormones going through me. I feel so alone. I have no one to talk to about how I feel. Quise does crack now! Crack! He's never home with me. I just-- I'm scared." she began bawling her eyes out.