Chapter 23: Wingman

“You serious Lissa?” Quise asked her as he stopped hugging her. She shook her head yes. He sighed and smiled.
“Imma be a daddy. ”

“I was thinking of abort-” Melissa started to say.

“No!” Quise snapped around and yelled at the top of his lungs. He always wanted to have kids of his own and give them the world unlike his parents. He just wished it was with someone he could love.

Quise cared Melissa. Everyday, he got closer and closer to her. He started to feel like she completed him. But he also remembered all the things she had done. She deceived her best friend and slept with Athens's boyfriend which meant Melissa cheat on him. And he also knew his first intention with her wasn't to fall in love, it was to get back at Athena.

“So you want this baby?” Melissa asked him seriously. He snapped back to reality. He nodded his head which meant yes. She smiled. “I always dreamed of having a family with you.”

Quise have her a kiss on her cheek and then her stomach. “Hey. I'm your daddy.” he chuckled as he talked to her stomach.

“Lame ass.” Melissa rolled her eyes and laughed. Quise kissed her again.

“I'm bout to go and tell a couple of my boys, I'll be right back.” Quise told her. It was the first time since Athena and him broke up that he felt back to him old self. He dialed up Sean's number. “Man guess what?”

“Nigga why yo ass so happy?” Sean laughed. “ But forreal what's up?”

“My girl pregnant.” he said in excitement. Sean sighed and stopped talking for a second. “Where you go?”

“I was just thinking bout it. Ain't you still on that stuff?”

Yes, Quise was still using cocaine. He loved the way it made him feel. It was his getaway from the real world. But he realized that he didn't want his children growing up with a crackhead for a father. “I'm done man. I ain't gone use it no more.”

“You know it's easier just to say you done right?”

“Man I'm seriously done. No more.” Usually Quise would've got upset that someone doubted him, but he knew Sean was only trying to help.

“Just know I'm here for you man. I know how hard that stuff is to get off of and I don't want you to end up like my-”

“Stop with the emotional shit.” Quise laughed. “But what's going on with you and that girl? What's her name 'Tootsie roll'?”

“Yo ass so lame man. Candy. And I'm thinking bout getting with her. We been talking everyday since.”

“I know I told you that you shouldn't get with nobody but I was sick. ” Quise laughed. “I say go for her. ”

“Thanks for the advice man. ” Sean looked at his phone and saw Candy was calling him. “Aye man imma call you back. ”

“Coo'.” Quise said. The phone hung up.

                               ***
[The next day..]

“You gone do it today? ” Marcus asked Sean in shock. They walked to the school.

“Yeah. I'm ready. I gotta get her before somebody else do.” Sean told him.

“What if she already with somebody? ”

“She not. And if she was he be dead by tonight. ” he joked.

“What made you want to do it today? ” Marcus asked him. Just the night before Sean was going to stay single and fuck around but now he's ready for a whole girlfriend.