Chapter 24: Triple Dates

[Athena's POV]

I sat alone waiting for Candy. She was in the line with a few of her other friends. I really appreciated these few last days how she has been there for me, especially with the whole Marcus and losing my best friend situation. At first I thought she was against me because she loved Marcus but she turned out to be a good friend.

She waved to her friends goodbye and came sat next to me. "Hey girl. What's up? "

"Nothing." I said. I looked towards the door and saw Melissa. She was starting to really show. I frowned because I wish I could be there with her through her pregnancy.

Candy looked in the direction I was looking and saw Melissa too. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Girl you need to get over her. She was never a true friend anyways."

I shook out of my trance. "I am over her but its just-" I didn't want to say this out loud but it was constantly on my mind, "who do you think the baby daddy is?"

Candy sighed. "Who knows girl. I know you still love her and all but the girl is a thot. It could be anybody in this school."

I thought about who it could be in this school. I knew that Melissa always messed around so maybe it wasn't who I thought it was. Melissa told me when we were arguing that I stole Quise from her and that had me worried. But they both cared so much about me so I'm sure they wouldn't do that.

"You're right." I said pushing the thoughts out of my mind. We saw Marcus and Sean walk into the cafeteria and Marcus seemed pretty upset. They came and sat right across from us. I looked at Marcus' angry face. "What's wrong? "

"Fucking Mark! He won't tell us who shot at me and you cause my daddy owe him some money! And he obviously know wit his bitch ass!" Marcus groaned.

I looked into his eyes and smiled. "Marcus... I told you already. I don't care who shot at us. It's over."

He sighed. "Thena, they coulda fucking killed you. If that happened.. I'd be worse than Quise emotional ass."

We all chuckled. It was a bit weird having Candy and Sean watching us but I didn't care. "Just please don't get yourself hurt."

"I won't. " He told me. I kissed him and Sean and Candy smiled.

Candy shot a look at Sean. "And where were you little boy?"

Sean laughed. "Calm down. I was with Marcus."

"Dont get yourself hurt with that hoodlum." Candy looked at Marcus and he laughed, knowing she was being funny. " If you get shot, I'll kill you myself."

"Dang, you a baddie!" Sean joked. He laughed for a while and then stopped smiling. He looked at Candy and I could tell he was about to do something that made him feel uncomfortable. "So Candy?"