Chapter 13: Love & Drugs

"So you're not coming to school today?" I asked Marcus over the phone.

Nah. I been there too much. Imma just stay home and study with some of my bros." Marcus laughed at his lie. We both knew he was lying. "I might come over yo house today though. You know I gotta see you everyday."

I blushed. My bus pulled up and I started to walk to it. "Well guess I'll see you later."

"Okay. I love you. "

I froze up. We've only been together a few weeks and he was already telling me he loved me. I didn't want to ruin the moment so I said it back."I love you too ..."

Marcus hung up the phone. Even he realized what he said, he froze up. But he quickly shrugged it off. He didn't want to share his feelings for Athena that easily, but it happened.

[A few hours later...]

"Man I don't even fuck wit' her like that. " this guy named Kewaun laughed. He took the blunt up to his mouth and inhaled it.

"I don't know why man. When I was with shawty I smashed her a few times." Another guy joked. Everyone laughed.

Marquis looked around. It was a bit odd being in the same room as Athena's new boyfriend, Marcus. Even before they haven't had the best relationship because Marquis knew how Marcus felt about Thena. But now, Marquis despised him.

Kewaun turned to Marquis. "So have you got any new tail Quise?"

Marquis scoffed. "Hell yeah. I wasn't going to mope over that bitch forever."

Marcus turned his head. He cared for Thena so much that when she was getting talked about, he felt the pain. He automatically knew that Marquis was talking about Athena. "What chu say bout her nigga? "

Marquis locked eyes with Marcus. They were filled with rage." I said she a bitch. She ain't deserve my ass no way."

Marcus ran up on Marquis. Two of his friends pulled him back. "Nigga nah. You ain't deserve her. That's why yo ass had a plate full of food on you."

Marquis laughed." Is that supposed to hurt my feelings? You should stop acting hard rich boy. "

The room was silent. These two were the most thuggish out of the group, so no one messed with them. Marcus was overwhelmed with anger but he remembered how Athena would react to them fighting. He took a deep breathe. "You ain't even worth it. "

Marquis jumped up. Two guys tried to pull him back but he was too fast. He pushed Marcus down and kicked him. "Yeah that's what I thought, lil' bitch."

Marcus snapped. Marquis was on his way out the door, when Marcus gave him a strong blow from the left to his face. Marquis was shocked. " Come on."

Marquis growled. He charged toward Marcus. He threw a few blows, and they hit Marcus. He shrugged them off and began dodging the next ones. Once he became in control of the fight, he started throwing his own punches.

Marquis tripped over a table leg and fell to the ground. Marcus started pounding his face in until it seemed like Marquis wasn't even fighting anymore. Two boys pulled Marcus off of Marquis. Marcus breathed hard and fixed his shirt. " I'm from the Crinshaws nigga. Fuck wit me again and next time these niggas won't be here to save you. "

Marquis wiped his lip and saw blood. He glared at Marcus. "All this over that bitch. Don't worry she gone be in draws soon." Marquis walked to the door, slamming it behind him.

~~~~~

Marcus knocked at Athena's door. He was a bit nervous since he told Athena he loved her, but he would have to get over it.