Chapter 5: Goodbye, Again

[Athena's POV]

I sat with Melissa at the lunch table Chad told us to meet him at. The few times I've seen Marquis today I could tell he smoked a little too much weed. He was temperamental and very emotional when he was high, my worst nightmare.

He bumped into me. I tried to hurry and get away before we had to go through the apologizing scene but it happened anyways."Athena I've been looking for you everywhere. How you going to cheat on me?"

I stared at him blankly,"Marquis we're not even together anymore. You really shouldn't smoke anymore. "

He stood there blankly staring at me and I saw two different emotions too fast. He was angry and raised his hand but as soon as I could flinch he sighed and got very depressed. He walked away and I walked to the lunch room. I looked for Melissa and she was sitting at our sacred table. She smiled at me and I came to sit down with her.

She greeted me, "Hey baby girl. "

I laughed at her and took my backpack off, "Baby girl? I thought I was supposed to be single. "

She deepened her voice and started acting like a boy, "Nah girl you all mine. You want some of this good good?"

"You are nasty Melissa." I said as we both went to get our lunch. I grabbed my favorite lunch in the world- a peanut butter and jelly sandwich- with an apple and orange and bought myself a cherry Cola. We sat down and Melissa was laughing at her self about something. "What? "

"You love that pea- nut butter don't you?"she laughed hysterically. I chuckled and continued eating.

When I was almost done eating, I saw Chad's backpack and I knew it was him because of his height. He looked at us and came to sit with us. I smiled at him but he just looked away. "What's your problem? "

He stayed silent and grumpy. Merits Melissa and I stared at him and we noticed that his face was a bit swollen. Melissa was worried about him but didn't want to show it. "What happened to you? "

Chad turned to me and then back to Melissa."Athena's boyfriend happened."

I had to resist the urge to spit out my pop,"My boyfriend? "

"Yeah your boyfriend. I'm glad you remember now. "

"I don't have a boyfriend. Haven't had one for almost four months now. "

"Well that's not what Marquis sai-"

"Marquis?"Melissa and I both said surprised. I was angry now. Not only is he constantly trying to get back with me but now he's trying to keep boys away from me. I got up and went to the hallways to look for him. I found him smoking weed outside. I walked up to him and smacked the blunt out of his hand.

"The fuck?" then he looked at me,"Oh hey baby."

I couldn't even stay mad at him. He was sitting here depressed about not only being broken up with me, but his personal problems. All those times he told me I was what made him sane I didn't believe it until now. I sat down beside him on the stairs, "Why are you doing this to yourself Quise?"

He looked at me with rage, "Why do you care?"

"Because even though we not together I still care about you. You can't just go around and beat people up because you think they like me. Chad had nothing to do why we broke up, you did. "

He stared at the ground and looked up slowly at me, "Will we ever get back together Thena?"

I sighed, "Probably not Marquis. You did something that really hurt me and I just don't know if I can be with someone who cheats."

"Just know Athena I'm really sorry for what I did. And I really do love you. "

"Bye Marquis. I'll see you around. " I got up and walked away. A lone tear ran down my cheek as I broke up with him for the second time.