Chapter 47

12:25 am

Keira's Pov :

Immediately woke up from my short nap and checked the watch. 12: 25. Good, 5 minutes till I escape this place and home free. I didn't get much sleep but this is ok. I guess all I need is a good nap.

I rubbed my eyes to wear off any sleep that's in me, so I can efficiently do the escape as best as I can. Hopefully, I can get as far to the exit and escape without being caught by the enemies.

Checking the watch again, it's 12:06. Sensing that I have to check the book in order to know what are the first steps or else I might start to panic when the time comes.

I took the book and started to read the first instructions,

1. When 12:30 comes, You will hear loud footsteps echoing through the walls. When the footsteps get nearer, moan and wail as loud as you as if you had already started your labour in your room.

I looked to the sides as I reread the book as I felt my eyebrows knit together in a frown with a disapproving look in my face. I continued to read,

2. When the guard checks through the slot, Be in a position where pregnant women start to enter labour. He will then be concerned what's wrong with you and enter but keep in mind you have to keep this book close to you. This book is essential for this plan.
Anyways, once the man gets closer enough within your reach, immediately hit him with the book in the forehead as hard as you can.

Wait, hit the man with a book?! I can't do that. I always say the phrase ' it's time to hit the books ' but I didn't expect that one day, I would actually starting hitting people with book! I'm starting to doubt this plan. I read to see what's next.

3. Never doubt this plan. I planned this carefully and this plan has everything you need to escape.

Ok. Once the man is unconscious, take the keys and everything in the guy's pockets. That includes the shirt pockets and try to check under his pants, there might be a gun and you have to take that one with you as well. After you loot all those stuff, Take the porno magazine hidden behind those erotica books in the bookshelf. I'm not kidding on this one and that magazine is helpful as well.

P.S. Now check the time.

I immediately checked the watch and saw it's already 12:29. Quickly, I went to a position nearby the chair where women are in labour or in pain or I don't know. I keep the book close with me and hid in the inner pockets of Santiago's jacket.

The moment the time hit 12:30, I heard something like a creaky door opening and sure enough, were faint heavy footsteps echoing. So, I proceeded to step one, even though I don't like this step.

I acted as if I was in pain and tried to make loud and painful wails and moans, hoping that man can hear me and buy my acting. Sure enough, a slot on the metal door opened and then the opening of the metal door.

I heard the man rush to me and asked,

" What the heck is wrong? Are you ok, woman? You having your...er...baby pains? "

I didn't reply and murmured something he can't here, so that he'll get closer to me to ' hear ' what I was saying as I continued to act like I was in deep pain.

Just as planned, He went in closer and tried to hear me speak but I slowly get the book from its hiding place and then slam in as hard as I can to the man's forehead. I looked up to see him looking me right back. I was about to scream and hit him with the book again but I saw his eyes roll back as he fell back, unconscious.