Chapter 23

Cloud's Pov :

I took Keira to the garage where all the Valentino steel beauties are parked here. Passing by a Maserati Italia, I went to find Henrietta again.

" Lamborghini Aventador.... " I heard Keira murmer. I stopped and turned to smile at her.

" You know this car, Cara mia?, " I asked as I stood beside her, marvelling the car's beauty.

" I've read and seen it in magazines before, but looking at it personally is quite the experience, " She replied, looking at the car with interest.

I smiled and went the driver's side and pressed my thumb somewhere in a small pad. It unlocked. I looked at Keira who was surprised.

" You didn't use any keys? "

" My thumb itself is the key. Fingerprint recognization. It only opens to the Valentino household and now to you as well, " I explained with a smirk.

I went to the passenger's side and opened the door for her, " Well, Cara mia? "

She walked towards the entrance of the door. But before she went in, She kissed my cheek and closed the door, leaving me with a surprised expression on my face. I returned to my senses and smiled.

Cheeky girl, aren't you?

I went to the driver's side and went in as well. I glanced to see Keira, very impressed and in awe. I grinned and started the car.

" Next stop is in the city of Milan, " I said as we drove out.

~~~~

As we head to the city, It was really quiet between us. Occasionally, I stole glances at her. I smiled when I saw her fascinated by the scenery.

I turned on the radio and Ed Sheeran's " Thinking Out Loud " was playing. Trying to make a nice cheery atmosphere, I sang.

" When your legs don't work like they used to before.  "

Keira looked at me with an amused smirk. I smirked at her back.

" And I forgot what's the next of this line, " I sang in tune, doing a voice crack. Keira bursted in laughter. That beautiful laughter of hers is worth it.

" Seriously, Cloud?, " She said with a smile as her laugh dies down.

" Seriously in love with you, " I said, looking at the beautiful woman whom I called my wife.

She blushed and looked away. I chuckled. So cute and adorable. In the next of the lines, We sang together in unison, our voice blending and complementing each other.

I was looking at the road to see we're almost there. I placed my hand somewhere in the middle to also find another hand beneath mine. I turned to see Keira, looking down at our hands.

Unconsciously, I wrapped my fingers around hers. Our fingers intertwined and fit with eachother perfectly. Such soft hands. Ed Sheeran sang in the background,

" People fall in love in mysterious ways. Maybe just the touch of their hands. "

We were staring at eachother as moment around us wrapped itself, leaving the two of us. It felt like it was just only us until..

Honk honk!!!

~~~~

( Just kidding XD Scared you guys, didn't I? ^^ )

I steered the car sharply away from the truck's path. My heart was beating widely. Too close. Too close in losing the three of us. I glanced to see Keira clutching the seat tightly as she breathed hard, her chest going up and down quickly. I watched the road as I grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze.