Chapter 20

So, Yeah. Well.....*rubs neck nervously while Cloud looks at me narrowly* Uhmmm....Cloud and I agreed to show you a pic of him in a pink tuxedo...*loosens my neck collar* but umm....I have to agree some particular conditions...N-not much....Just no Hello Kitty bow....*Cloud smirks*

~~~~~~

Keira's Pov :

As Cloud lead me to the dining area, I can suddenly feel him tense a bit. But sure enough, An uneasy feeling inside the dining area was strong. Getting nervous all of a sudden, I stopped and blurted out a reason,

" I don't think I'm appropriately dressed for dinner. I should go back and change. "

Cloud's eyes looked down at my yellow satin dress. He shook his head and lead me on forward.

" Nonsense, Fiorella. You're beautiful just the way you are, " He pulled me in a bit closer, " And I can tell that you're nervous from the fact we're meeting Nonno today. But I assure you, Tesoro. My grandfather will love you dearly. "

" Cheer up, Kei. My brother is right. Grandpapa will love you. Don't worry! You have your knight in shining pink armor, " Luca said behind us, trying to hide her laughter along with her husband's. Cloud groaned and walked faster. In front of us was a door leading to the dining area. I can feel a powerful tension of authority and vibes inside the room. I took a deep breath and let it all out. Cloud looked at me with reassurance and nodded at me. As he slowly opened the door, Inside the room was a tall elegant dining table, fit for a king's feast and sitting at the far end was a sharp looking old king himself, looking at us with his cold emerald green eyes. I tensed a bit as we went inside.

I noticed a behaved Damanico sitting slightly far away from the Elder Valentino. He noticed our presence and looked at me with a smile.Then he drew a line curving up in his lips with his finger, telling me to smile. I nodded and I tried my best to smile. Seems like I have to get a good impression at the elder Valentino.

Cloud and I took our seats close to the Elder, followed by Luca and Nick on the opposite side. When We're all seated, silence quickly filled the room. It was a bit tensed until a cough and a low gruff voice dispersed the cloud of silence.

" Ahem. I can see that Cloud changed into a better color and err....suit. It looks good on him, don't you think? Especially with the bow for the last touch. "

With that, The tension was broken by snickers and giggles which was gradually lifting the heavy feeling. Soon, the atmosphere was now nice and friendly. Cloud made a scowl at the Elder Valentino.

" Why thank you, Grandpapa. I didn't think that you were jealous of my suit, " Cloud said sarcastically at the first part.

" Oh, Not at all. Just admiring the bow. It suits you really, " The Elder Valentino looked at Cloud with smirk. Cloud looked away and leaned back in his seat. I giggled. Then, I have a feeling of being watched. I turned to look at the Elder Valentino, smiling at me. I smiled back.

" So, You must be Cloud's dear wife. You must be a very lucky woman to marry such a stubborn man of a grandson I have, " He said with a chuckle, " What is your name, Dear? "

" Keira Sommer-, " Once again interrupted by Cloud as He added, " Valentino. "

The elder chuckled. I bowed my head a bit and gave a sheepish smile. I turned to look at Cloud but He seems busy looking somewhere else as if innocent. I rolled my eyes and gave a small laugh.

" My name is Keira Sommerhaulders, Sir. "

He shook his head and raised a hand to stop me. He placed his hand down and said, " Please call me Antonio or Grandpapa, Mi figlia. You're part of the family now and truthfully, Calling me Sir makes me feel older. "