Chapter 25

Keira's Pov :

As we went inside, There were plenty of people inside the huge room. Almost all the guests inside the room are men in fine suits. Some were in groups, talking to eachother with smile on their faces while others are just enjoying themselves with a glass of champagne in their hands.

I gulped as We started to walk through the crowds of men. I noticed as we passed by, Others are looking and eyeing at me then turned back to their conversation. Some were looking at me with respect and nodded at me in approval. I turned my gaze straight forward, remembering what Luca said, proudly walking through the crowd with a smile.

We headed to a group separated from the rest. But apart from the rest, This one held certain power and authority around them. As we walked towards them, They noticed our presence and turned to look at us. I have finally spotted a slightly older woman inside the room.

" Ah, Cloud Valentino. The Sucessor and heir to Antonio Valentino. It is good to see you again, " A man, maybe around his 40s, greeted Cloud with a smile.

" A pleasure to see you as well, Mr. Vladimir, " Cloud said with a smile as He shook hands with the man.

I just smiled as Cloud talked with the man. I noticed that I was being watched and turned to look the beautiful woman in a red dress looking at me. Indeed, She is beautiful but an eyepatch covered her left eye. She walked towards us and tapped Cloud's shoulder. Cloud turned around to face her and smiled.

" Axcel Cortenio, What a lovely surprise, " He said.

" Likewise but the surprise itself is her, " She said sternly as she looked at me. I wanted to cringe but I have to be proud and strong.

I smiled at her and introduced myself,

" My name is Keira Valentino and it's a pleasure to meet you. "

She looked at me closer and narrowed her eyes at me. I continued smiling at her even though I wanna look down. Then, I saw her look at Cloud and held her hand up to slap him. Instantly, I caught her hand in mid air as I stopped her from doing the slap. I glared at her. No one, and I mean no one, slaps my husband infront of me.

She looked at me back with an amused smile, as if she was expecting it.Then, She looked at Cloud and gently poked a finger in his chest.

" You lucky bastard. You have such fine and strong willed woman as wife. Not even one man has gone standing up against me, " She said with a smile.

" That's why I'm that lucky enough to have her, " Cloud said proudly with a big grin.

The women chuckled and turned to me. She gently patted my cheek with her hand as she whispered,

" You and Cloud suit eachother very well and I approve of you two very much. You have my ever lasting blessing and support. "

I smiled at her as She smiled at me back. She slung an arm around me and turned us to face the others.

" I like this one far better than the women you idiots chose as your puttanas. Better yet, I like her more than you men! "

The men chuckled with smiles on their faces. I smiled at them. Axcel might be intimidating at first but she's not. Cloud stole me from her and placed an hand on my waist with a grin.

" Sadly, She's my wife and I love and like her more than you do. Go find a husband already. You're too beautiful, well not as beautiful as my wife, " The men chuckled along with him, " to be unmarried. "

" Bah. None of the men matches my standard here, " Axcel said as she took a glass of wine from a passing by waiter holding a tray of beverages.

" None of them are, since your standards are too high, " Another man said with a grin.

" Oh, Do shut up, Joshua, " Axcel said as she finished her wine in a single gulp.

It was awkward a bit but then, We started to have a conversation with eachother. I am already comfortable around them and they are quite friendly to be exact. As if they approve something in me.

I noticed Luca and Nick walking straight towards us, Their arms intertwined and smiles on their faces. The group noticed them and smiled as well.

" Ah, Luca Kiev-Valentino. The beautiful sister of Cloud. Lovely to see you again, Darling, " Mr. Vladimir said as He gave her a smile and bow.

" A pleasure as well, Mr. Vladimir. "

" Luca, " Axcel said in a expressionless face.

Luca looked at Axcel for a good few minutes until She bursted in happiness and glomped on Axcel as She greeted in a cheery voice,

" Alex! Nice to see you again! How you've been? It's been a long time!

" Same to you as well, Calu. Still the same hyper energetic woman, I see, " Axcel said with a smile as she returned the hug back to Luca.

" And this is?, " Axcel gestured to Nick, who seemed slightly uncomfortable but still managed to smile.

" Nicolas Matthew Kiev-Valentino. Luca's husband and father to our kids, " He said proudly as he wrapped an arm on Luca's waist.

" Calu! You didn't tell me you have kids!, " Axcel said, surprised.

As Luca and Axcel talked and catching up on to things, I was left with Cloud and the others. I noticed Mr. Vladimir was looking up in the room, searching someone perhaps.

Cloud noticed as well and asked, " Is there someone you're looking for? "

Mr. Vladimir looked at him and replied, " Quite frankly, Yes. We seemed to lack one more boss asides from your Nonno Antonio. "

Cloud's eyes widened a bit in realization and said,

" Yes. We seem to be lacking Mr. Carducci. He's not here yet and I hope he makes it in time for the meeting. "

The moment the name ' Carducci ' came out of Cloud's lips, Luca and Axcel stopped talking and their facial expressions hardens. The men who noticed it knew what they were thinking and understood.

" I hope He doesn't bring the puttana He calls as his daughter, " Axcel said under her breath.

Luca nodded her head to me when She saw my confused state. I turned to see Luca and Axcel looking at me with sympathetic smiles.

Axcel made a gesture of ' Fighting ' while Luca drew a curve on her lips as a smile and mouthed to me,

" Remember what I said and be strong. "

I was still confused about what She meant but a deep feeling inside me says that I should get ready for something or someone. I nodded and mentally prepared myself to whatever or whoever I should face.

We heard the doors open as We turned to see who. A man in a dark green tuxedo and a blond haired woman wearing a dress that revealed too much skin, came walking towards us.

The woman suddenly rushed to Cloud and hugged his arm, pressing it on her chest, as She looked at him in a flirty way. I felt enraged and I wanted to slap her hard directly but I held myself from doing so.

' Who is this slut? ' I glared at her. If looks could kill, She'd be 20 feet underground in pieces.

" Cloud, babe, I miss you, " The woman purred as she flashed him a smile.

" Pleasure to see you again, Jennifer, " Cloud said, giving her a fake smile.

~~~~

Writer's block is getting too out of hand for my convenience and I have to deal and settle some agreements with it. The road ahead of us is bumpy and I don't want myself to be frustrated along the way. ( O ~ O )

Stay strong and beautiful, My dear readers! ( O u O )

Vote
Comment
Follow :D