Chapter eighteen

As always you guys are the best!

WARNING: NOT EDITED

***other warning...the first scene might be uncomfortable for some***

***Jeremy's POV***

***

'Momma, do you know what day it is?' I asked happily as I scurried off to her side. Her ash blonde hair was ensnared in a messy braid and she looked down at me, frowning over her coffee mug. My hair flopped into my eyes but I shook it off so I could she her clearly. She was a petite slim woman and was wear a white tank top with green cutoff shorts. 'Momma,' I whined when she didn't guess.

'What is it James? I don't have time for this.' she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose with her forefinger and thumb. I didn't correct her when she got my name wrong. It just happened sometimes. Adam came out from Momma's room and embraced her, shoving his big hand inside her shorts. She moaned as if he was hurting her and I gasped.

'Hey! Don't do that! Don't hurt my momma, Adam!' I didn't really like Adam. He sometimes hurt my momma at night, making her cry and scream for the Goddess. I tugged on his shirt and he pushed me back hard so I landed on my wrist. 'Ow!' I wailed cradling my wrist to my chest. That hurt! Momma glanced down at me and struggled as Adam picked her up and took her back in her room, her coffee forgotten. And me. Whimpering I stayed right were I was.

I didn't realize I had slept on the floor until I woke up and realized it was really dark now and the day was almost over. I stifled a sob. Oh no! My stomach twisted hungrily and I sniffed trying to keep the my tears at bay and I shuffled over to the fridge to find something to eat, wincing as I jostled my wrist some. Opening the door, my mouth was agape with wonder at the sight. A huge birthday cake sat there decorated in fancy frosting. She didn't forget! She remembered! Laughing I took the cake out carefully and got a plate, fork and napkin to cut myself a little piece. Humming the tune to the song 'Happy Birthday' under my breath I took a bite out of the delicious treat.

'What the fuck?!' Adam shouted behind me and I looked at him confused. 'Shannon!' Momma stumbled in the room and when her eyes settled on me she got that look that literally made me pee my pants. I knew that look well. 'Aw, now look what the little fucker did! Control your kid, bitch!' I shifted in the puddle around my feet, my face bright and my heart racing.

'Momma please...' She came up to my and grabbed me by my too long bangs and pulled up tightly pulling strands out. She then pulled her free arm out and slapped me across the face. I bit my lip until it bled to hold back my scream. She didn't like it when I screamed. Adam strode over and grabbed a fistful of cake.

'He freaking ate my fucking cake so let's let him finish what he started!' My eyes widened. His cake? Was it his birthday too? He shoved the cake in my face, punching me in the process. I did scream. I screamed the whole time as he kept trying to stuff cake in my mouth making me choke on the icing and he didn't stop until the cake was gone. Momma shouted in anger when I threw up and pulled my hair again.

I was six.

***

***Galen's POV***

I woke up to gasping. Sitting up in bed I was startled to see Jeremy thrashing in the sheets drenched in sweat. He was muttering in his sleep and I shook him on the shoulder to wake him. He cried out as opened his eyes and struggled to get out of bed with his round belly. I jumped out of bed to help him stand and once her was upright, he pushed past me and hobbled to our bathroom quickly with me close behind him in case he fell. All the sleep rushed away from my body as he lowered himself to his knees and puked violently.

"Goddess, Jeremy!" My eyes were wide with shock as I rubbed and patted his back. His coughing scared me. What the fuck was happening? "Jeremy, tell me what's wrong. Was it a bad dream? Is it the pup? Come on baby, talk to me," I whispered in a soothing voice that held an undertone of panic.