Chapter thirteen

You guys light me up inside, like the Fourth of July!! 

Haha, a friend showed me that song if any of you recognize it :3Anyways, your feedback yesterday was so overwhelmingly welcome and greatly appreciated! So it made me want to write another chapter ASAP...so here you are!

 WARNING: NOT EDITED

 ***Jeremy's POV*** 

 My stomach growling loudly broke the calm silence between us. Galen blinked and then laughed and I noticed how his face was already healing at a rapid pace. I flushed slightly. "Um, I'm hungry," I told him and he helped me up off the bed. Galen nodded as we walked out the door and into the hallway toward the mess hall. 

 "Yeah, I'd assume," he mused as he draped an arm around my shoulder. I tensed but kept walking all the while taking in that other pack members were staring at Galen as if he had two heads. I wasn't sure if I liked him touching me in such a casual way but I didn't shrug him off. Once we got two plates full of eggs, bacon, pancakes, hash browns all loaded with syrup, I glanced around looking for my usual spot and headed towards it. Galen's arm was still around me and he followed me to the part of the long table were no one ever sat, well, except me. We sat our plates down and he took a seat right beside me.

 It was awkward as fuck.

 Did he want to talk or did I say something first? Do we just eat in silence? I wasn't use to talking to anyone so I did what we came here to do. I deftly stuffed my face, nearly moaning as the food slipped down into my hungry stomach. As I chewed into my fourth piece of bacon I looked up as the chair across from us was soon occupied by that red angel. I struggled not to roll my eyes at the purposeful look on our Luna's face. 

She gave me a brilliant smile."Good morning Jeremy," she greeted and I grunted in acknowledgment. That seemed to please her and then she turned her eyes to Galen who refused to look at her. "Galen."

 "Lily."

 I looked back and forth between the two and raised an eyebrow at Galen. Lily turned her head and looked over at Rob motioning him to come over. This was odd. The three of them were usually inseparable but there was a huge rift between Galen and Rob. Galen's hand tightened on his fork as Rob slowly made his way over to us. Hmm, this exchange should be interesting.

 ***Galen's POV*** 

 Rob sat next to his mate and I got up from my seat.

 "Galen wait," Lily began but Rob waved her off.

 "Let him go." 

 Jeremy continued to eat, his gaze solely focused on his food but I could tell he was listening. Lily face turned a little red and she face her mate, a tiny grimace plaguing her natural serene features. "No, this has gone on long enough. You two need to stop being stubborn and make up now."

 Rob and I met each other's gaze thoughtfully. Honestly, I was tired of being mad at him, what was done is done and nothing can change that. I was glad I got a couple of punches in that day and I had other more important things to worry about than to be angry at my best friend. I looked down at Jeremy who was licking at the final crumbs of his meal on his fingertips. I sat back down and noticed Jeremy eying my plate and I pushed it over to him which he wordlessly accepted and began to chow down. Lily smiled at him affectionately and I sighed but crossed my arms and waited. 

 I'd be damned if I apologized first. 

 Rob seemed to sense that. "Galen...I'm...um...well..." Lily huffed and pinched his side roughly. "Ow! I'm sorry man! I really am. So...are we cool now?" I could tell this took a huge shot at his pride seeing as a handful of the pack was staring at us intently some of them gaping at the apology said from the big bad Alpha.

 I held back my smirk, and nodded seriously."We're cool."

 A boyish grin spread across his face and he held his hand out. I laughed and clasped his hand into mine bumping shoulders with him across the table. Feeling lighter I sipped at my freshly squeezed orange juice as Lily eyed us with satisfaction."So," Rob began, digging into his own plate as he spoke. "Gabe, the Beta from a neighboring pack said he sensed the scent of a few rogues outside of his perimeter and that they were headed east toward us. I don't think it's anything too serious but I'd like for us to check it out." 

 "Yeah, of course." This happened from time to time but it was always good to go scout for any potential threat to us. "When?"

 "Later this afternoon. Lily, Brad, Henry and a few others will be joining us though." I nodded. Brad and Henry were our best trackers so it would be helpful to have them tag along. We talked a bit more of our plans as everyone finished breakfast. A cough broke through my thoughts and saw Jeremy clutching at his chest sputtering. I slapped my hand against his back which only seemed to make him cough harder, his face turning a light purple. 

 "Shit!" I got up behind him and wrapped my arms in the proper position around him to preform the Heimlich maneuver but being mindful of not thrusting my arms too hard against his abdomen, being mindful of the baby. After a few frantic thrusts, something shot out of Jeremy's mouth and onto Lily's plate. I barely noticed anything else as I pulled him to me as he struggled to catch his breath.

 "I'm fine," he rasped attempting to push me away as he sucked in gulps of air. I held onto him tighter.

 "For Goddess sake Jeremy! Chew your food!" I scolded and his eyes met mine a familiar defiant glare.

 "Get off my ass, I said I was fine!"

 "You need to be more careful--" I started.

 "I didn't choke on purpose you asshat!" 

 "You're the dumbass who shoved shit loads of food down your throat." 

 "Well hell! Is it a crime to be hungry?" Jeremy crossed his arms and despite our yelling I was relieved to see his face turn back to its normal color.

 "You're lucky I was here to help," I muttered and at that he blushed. 

 "Thanks," he said roughly and I nodded absently pressing a hard kiss to his forehead. He froze before subtly nuzzling his nose against my chin as I held him. It was barely noticeable but I felt it and smiled. Lily and Rob were staring at us. Lily curiously and Rob in mild disbelief. It was my turn to blush. I released him quickly.

 "Um, I'm glad you're okay." I said awkwardly. 

 "Yeah," Jeremy nodded and scooted away a bit. "Well...I'm gonna go do something. Over there." He pointed somewhere blindly and dashed off. Lily giggled and Rob stared at me as if I was some sort of alien life form.

 "Not one word,"I warned and he just grinned. 

 ******************************************* 

 COMMENT IF YA WANT MOOOORE!!!! 

 Here ya go you lovely readers you! Hope you liked. 

 And again, I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes <3