Don't Go

Chapter 20; Don’t Go

“Jade…can I come in?” Andy asked on the opposite side of my door.

“Yeah.” I called as I pulled out my favorite boots and sat down on my bed getting ready to put them on. “What’s up?”

Andy ran his hands through his hair as he sat down next to me. “I’ve been thinking and I wanted to move…”

“WHAT?! Move! Where to? I don’t want you to go.” I yelled, shoes completely forgotten. He’s been my best friend for forever, we’ve lived together for a couple years and now he wants to move? I held back the tears that I knew were going to spill over at the thought of him leaving. Even if it were on the other side of town.

“We were talking about going to New York.”

“Oh my god.” I breathed, not coming out more than a whisper. “Who with?” I mumbled into my hands as the first tear fell down my cheek.

“Jay.” Andy said as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his side.

I turned my head and peeked through my fingers. “Do you want to leave?”

Andy slowly shook his head yes looking at me intently. “Are you ok?” He asked as he kissed the top of my head.

I took a deep breaths before I sat up so I could look at him fully. Despite the worried look on his face about me, he looked happy. He shouldn’t worry about hurting my feelings. “Yeah. I’m fine.” I touched the side of his face gently and whispered, “When are you going?”

“Tomorrow.”

I couldn’t hold back the fresh tears at this news. “I love you…but I don’t want you to go.” I paused for a moment, trying to get my crying under control and looked back at Andie as I said, “I’m not going to keep you here though. You can go whenever you want, even if its tomorrow with the one you love.”

“Everything will be alright. I’ll call all the time. We can text…” Andy said as he stood us up and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. “But-” Andy said as he pulled back to look at me. “You need to clean yourself up and put on those great boots of yours so we can get to this concert.”

“Shit. Does the band know about this?” I asked, realizing Jay would be too far away to make it to the shows.

“Yeah. They found out yesterday.”

“Was that what the party was for?” I asked as last night flashed through my mind.

“Yup. Sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. But I didn’t want you to stress over it.” Andy said as he pulled me into another hug, holding on longer this time. “I’ll miss you.”

“Don’t say bye yet. I still have one more day with you.”

Andy kissed my cheek and said, “Actually we have to get to the airport as soon as the concert is over…”

I felt my face drop. Hours until he leaves and across the world at that? I don’t like it at all. “Oh…well alright.”

“Don’t be like that.” Andy cooed as if he was talking to a little kid and pulled me into his arms.

I pulled out of his arms as a traitor tear slipped out. “I need to finish getting ready.” I whispered as I pulled on my boots and went to look at myself in the mirror. You could tell just by looking at my eyes that I was crying or had been crying. They were a faded pink color and my cheeks were a rapidly spreading red. I wiped under my eyes, ridding of the tears and fixed the few hairs that were out of place. “Are you ready to go?” I asked as I turned around to look at Andy. “Alright…” I trailed off, realizing he wasn’t sitting on my bed anymore.

I grabbed my pea coat from my closet and made my way downstairs. “Are you guys ready to go?” I asked as I turned the corner to see Holly and Bridget clinging to Andy. I’m assuming he broke the news. I walked past them into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle to give them more time to be with him before the end of the night.

I walked back in the living room to see that they were all sitting there staring at Andy, not saying anything. I couldn’t help, but notice the fact that Bridget and Holly had tears in their eyes. “Are you guys ready to go or what?”

“Yup.” Andy said as he hopped off the couch and was already out the door before I could even grab my keys and purse.

I smiled the best I could as Bridget and Holly walked past me, doing their best to keep the tears at bay. I took a deep breath as I slowly walked out the door, not bothering to lock it and made my way to my car. The entire car ride was in silence, minus the music that Andy insists be played no matter what the situation was. I’m assuming we were all in our own worlds thinking. “Will one of you guys text them to let them know were here. I don’t want to wait in that line.” I said when we pulled up to the venue.

“Already did it.” Holly said. “I have to text Alex back when we get to the back doors.”

“Sweet. Thanks.” I said as we all got out of the car.

I linked my arm with Andy as we walked to the back entrance and waited while Holly texted Alex back. “Hey.” Alex smiled when he opened the door and pulled Holly to him for a kiss.

Bridget, Andy and I ignored them while we went in search of our own guys. A frown replaced my smile when Andy pulled me closer and started to walk faster. “What are you doing?” I grumbled as I tried to get out of his too tight of a grip.

“Nothing. Lets go this way. I think I just saw Michael turn that corner.” Andy replied.

“I think you’re on drugs.” I chuckled as we turned the corner and came to a dead end. “So you say him turn this way huh?” I smirked.

“Were you looking for me?” Michael asked with a smile on his face, coming out of nowhere.

“Yup.” Andy answered for me as Michael grabbed my and leaned down for a kiss.

“Are you excited for the show?” I asked as we started walking. I don’t know where, but we were going somewhere.

“Stoked.” Michael said as we turned the corner to see Sydnie sucking face with Phil. Michael did the same thing Andy did and pulled me closer into his side and got a firmer grip on my waist.

I have to admit that I don’t enjoy seeing her, possibly had some thoughts of hitting her, but I’m not going to actually do it. “It’s a big night for you guys. I’m not going to do anything. Don’t worry about it.” I said allowed.

“Good.” Michael said as his grip slowly loosened and he leaned down to kiss me. “Wish me luck.” Michael said once they were told to get on stage.

I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him down to my height, even with heels on, I was a good four inches shorter than him and crushed our lips together. “Good luck.” I sighed as I slowly pulled out of the kiss once the crowd started screaming for Michael, wondering where he was. “Give ‘em hell.”