The Embrace

Chapter 13; The Embrace

“Seriously?” I groaned as I looked at the schedule sheet after my shift was over. “Do I really have to have a split shift tomorrow?”

“Yup. You’re one of our best workers and since you aren’t going to college anymore, I figured we could use more of your help.” Heather said as she was making someone an iced coffee. Heather leaned back against the counter next to me and stared into my eyes with the puppy dog look. “We love you here…”

“That look doesn’t work on me.” I scoffed as I grabbed my purse from under the counter and pulled my keys out. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” I stopped just as my hand touched the door handle. “I forgot. Can I get a java chip frappuccino…venti.” I added after a second, thinking about what size to get.

“Is this for Michael?” Heather asked as she started making it.

“Yeah. Why?” I asked as I leaned on the counter, watching her every move as she sprinkled some chocolate chip shreds on it.

She shrugged her shoulders before she looked up from what she was doing. “No reason. He does come in a lot. It’s a miracle if I don’t see him at least once.”

“Its amazing he doesn’t go into a coffee coma when he doesn’t have it in his system.” I said half to myself.

“That’s for sure.” Heather chuckled as she set the drink in front of me. “Its on the house. Don’t worry about it.”

When I opened my mouth to argue, the look that Heather gave me, had me reconsidering. “Fine. I’ll just put it in the tip jar.”

“Just go get him his coffee before he has a heart attack.” Heather chuckled as I put a ten dollar bill in the tip jar.

“See you tomorrow.”

I went outside to see that the sun was still surprisingly high in the sky. Usually its almost down by the time I get off work. I tightened my coat around me as a gust of wind snuck its way through my clothing. I pushed the button to unlock the car and nearly jumped in to avoid the chilly air. I’m done with this weather. We’re in California for crying out loud. I’m ready for some heat. I turned the key in the ignition as I set Michael’s coffee in the cup holder and cranked the heater up. A violent shiver ran through my body as I pulled out onto the main road that would take me out to his house.

“What are you doing here?” Aaron asked -not in a rude way- as I walked in, not bothering to knock. What would be the point. They wouldn’t be able to answer it anyways.

“I wanted to visit Michael.” I said as I shut the door behind me, blocking out what was left of the direct sunlight.

“He’s in the kitchen.” Jay said as he turned his head back to the TV show they were watching.

I briefly noticed the red stuff that was in their coffee cups as I walked by. I knew it was blood, but for some reason, I didn’t have any reaction to it. It was as if they were drinking a glass of water. “Hey. What are you doing here?” Alex asked as I walked in the kitchen.

I held up the Starbucks cup that was in my hand and directed it towards an eating Michael. “I’ll just leave you two to talk then.” Alex said as he walked out of the kitchen. I’m assuming he went in the living room to join the others in whatever show they were watching that was so interesting.

“Did you just get up or something?” I asked as I set the coffee down in front of him.

“About an hour ago.” He turned so he was facing me and smiled, “Thanks for the coffee. I needed it.”

“No problem. I wanted to see you since you weren’t in my dreams last night…I missed you.”

“I was going to, but I got caught up with some things.” Michael said as I put the straw in is mouth, not stopping until the majority of it was gone.

“Are you better now?” I asked as I saw more light come into his eyes.

“Much. Thanks.” Michael said as he smirked at me before finishing off the coffee.

“I kind of wanted to talk to you.” I couldn’t help, but feel nervous as my question ran through my head. “Its about last night…”

A flash of worry crossed his face before he hid it. “Lets go up to my room.”

I stood up, following his lead and grabbed his hand as we walked past curious eyes in the living room and up the stairs to his room. I shut the door behind us and nervously ran my hands through my hair before I sat down on the floor next to the door. “What does this whole bond thing mean exactly?”

“We can only be attracted to each other, I can go into your dreams…” Michael ran his hands over his face and let out a breath. “Umm its possible for each of us to feel what the other person is feeling if our walls are down.” Michael looked over at me and slid down off his bed so he was on the floor leaning against it and asked, “Why are you wondering?”

“Yesterday after we got…uh, interrupted I felt…”

“Angry?” Michael answered for me.

I slowly shook my head yes and looked over at him to see that he had the same frustrated look on his face that I knew I had on mine. “Why?”

“I don’t know.” He shrugged his shoulders. “None of the other guys feel like that when they get interrupted.”

“Do you think maybe…it might be because we haven‘t slept together?”

“That could be it, but I don’t know…” Michael said as he grabbed my hand that I held out for him to grab, so he could stand up.

A content sigh escaped my lips the second our skin came in contact. He felt like home. “I want it to go away.” I said as I laid my head against his shoulder.

“I could always fix that…” Michael trailed off with a seductive smile on his face.

“I’m not in the mood to do anything though.”

“I could have you wanting me in seconds.” Michael said as he picked me up. Out of instinct, my legs instantly went around his waist. He was right as an involuntary shutter ran through me when he started to kiss along the said of my neck, stopping to suck every now and then, most likely leaving a hickey, but at that point I didn’t care. I ran my hands through his hair and gripped hard. If I hurt him, he didn’t say anything.

I don’t know how or when we got there, but we were on his bed, really starting to get into it when someone knocked on the door. “Shit.” I sighed as I looked up at Michael, doing my best to catch my breath.

“Fuck off!” Michael yelled when the knock came again, but much louder.

“Its important.” Aaron called from the other side of the door.

While he was talking I pulled his shirt off over his head and was working on getting his jeans unbuttoned. “Whatever it is can fucking wait.”

I couldn’t help the smile that slid on my face when Michael hastily pulled off my shirt and tossed it along with his clothes on the floor. I’m not sure what came over me as I flipped us around so that I was straddling him. I felt super comfortable with him. With everyone else that I’ve been with -though it hasn’t been many- I was never this confident. I would never allow the lights to be on while we were doing anything sexual, but with Michael I wanted him to see me almost just as much as I wanted to see him, possibly discover tattoos that I haven’t came across yet.

I couldn’t get his clothes off fast enough. After feeble attempts to get his jeans undone with impatient hands, Michael pushed my hands aside and did it himself which I was more than grateful for. The only noises that you could hear in his room were our clothes dropping to the floor and our breathing. Once our last barrier was out of the way, Michael crushed our lips together to muffle the moans that were already escaping my mouth as he entered me.