Liquor & Love Lost

Chapter 6; Liquor & Love Lost

The second we walked inside the house, we all rushed upstairs to get ready to go out. I turned to the right when everyone else went right to get to their rooms. I shut my door behind me and looked around my room, knowing instantly something was different. that's when I spotted another red rose sitting on my pillow. The red standing out brilliantly against my black and white blankets. I walked over to the rose, knowing exactly who it came from now. I had no reason to be scared...at least I hoped so.

I set the rose with the other one in my nightstand and went in the bathroom to 'freshen up' before someone came pounding on my door, telling me to hurry up. I hate being rushed.

I grabbed my face wash and got off all the make up that I applied earlier today for work. Once my face was cleared of all make up. I grabbed my make up bag and started to re-apply the bare minimum on my face. OK, maybe not the bare minimum, but less then I usually wear. Black eyeliner, mascara, and red eye shadow to match my nails. Once I was satisfied with my face, I curled sections of my hair and grabbed my knee high boots from the bathroom floor on my way out of the bathroom.

I took off my clothes and went in my closet to find something else to wear. I smiled to myself as I pulled out a pair of black skinny's and a deep red shirt that Bridget got me for my birthday last year. "Jade! Are you ready yet?!" Holly yelled through the door.

"Give me two minutes!" I screamed back. "I just have to get dressed!"

"Well hurry up, we're all waiting for you."

"You guys can wait." I grumbled to myself as I pulled on my jeans.

I sat down on my bed, still shirt less and pulled on my shoes, zipping up the inside part of the boot. With these on, I didn't feel so short. It raised me a good two inches. "Come on Jade lets go." Andy said as he barged into my room, not bothering to knock.

"What are you doing?! Get out!" I said, pointing towards the now open door. I did my best to cover myself when I saw that Jay and Michael both were standing in the hallway staring at me. I wouldn't have minded if it was just Andy, he's seen me shirtless plenty of times, but I hardly knew these guys.

"Sorry. You do need to hurry up though." Andy said as he rushed out of my room and slammed my door shut behind him.

I pulled my shirt on and grabbed a black jacket from my closet. I pulled it on as I walked down the stairs, only to see a rowdy Andy. I think he's excited to go out. "I'm ready." I said, avoiding Jay and Michaels longing looks. I thought Jay was gay? Well I guess he isn't if he's checking me out.

"Took you long enough." Bridget said as she held out her hand for the car keys.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm taking your car. You got offered to ride in Michaels car."

Oh great. "Then who is riding in my car?" I asked as I hesitantly handed her my keys.

"Myself obviously, Holly, Andy and Jay." Bridget said happily, taking the keys from me.

I don't want to be in the same car as him. He's a creeper...a very...hot creeper. Hell who am I kidding I want to ride with him, I just don't trust myself. "Oh." Was the only genius remark that came to mind instantly.

"Whelp, lets get going." Holly said impatiently.

Oh joy. I plastered a fake smile on my face as I followed everybody outside. I'm just glad the bar isn't that far away. I don't want to have to be in the car with him any longer than necessary. I hate to admit it, but I trust him more than I trust myself. And that's saying something, considering I normally have great self control....not so much with this guy. Something must be wrong with my brain. "Aren't you going to get in?" Michael asked, pulling me out of my dilemma.