You Belong To Me

Chapter 8; You Belong To Me

By the time I got home, I was exhausted. Michael was wrong, it didn’t take an hour. It took two. I didn’t think it was that far away. I would say I might have considered getting a ride, that would have taken thirty minutes tops, but I’d be lying. I don’t want anything to do with him. I ignored all lights as I went up to my room, making sure to lock my door behind me. How could my three closest friends, the people I consider family, not even talk to me about something like that?! If I were in their shoes I would have told them. You shouldn’t lie to your friends. Friends aren’t supposed to have secrets.

Instead of changing my clothes or doing any of my nightly rituals, I took off my clothes and plopped on my bed and pulled the covers over my head. I can think about everything in the morning. Crap! I have to go to work tomorrow. Who gives a hell. I’m not going. I should just quit and tell my parents that I’m still working. That would always work, but there is always the possibility they will find out.

Ok Jade. Quit thinking. Go to sleep. I can think tomorrow. I slowly shut my eyes and did my best to fall into a dreamless slumber. That was when the image of all those bloody bodies flashed in my memory. I shot up in bed and turned on my bedside light. I smacked my hand over my heart when I saw Michael standing by my door. “Get out. I don’t want you here.”

“I need to explain…everything to you.” Michael said, sitting down on the chair that I had on the side of my room.

I flung the covers off me, ignoring that I didn’t have any clothes on besides my bra and underwear and unlocked my door, flinging it open. “You don’t need to explain anything, now get out.”

“Please.”

“No. Get. Out.” I pointed my finger to the hallway. I shivered when I felt a cool breeze start to enter my room.

“Just get back in bed while I explain myself.” Michael said, reaching past me to shut the door.

“What part of get out don’t you understand. Go home.” I folded my arms across my chest as a feeble attempt to get warm.

“Fine. But I will tell you what’s going on…sooner than you expect.” Michael said as he walked the opposite way in my room.

“What are you doing?”

“Leaving the way I came.” He said as he opened the glass french doors that lead to my balcony.

I shut my bedroom door, locking it and went over to the balcony doors, locking those also. I forcefully pulled my black and white curtains closed and jumped back into bed.

It took me a while but I finally fell asleep.

I was back in the forest. Just like last time, I was trying to get away from someone, but I knew who it was this time and I had all the more reason to try and get away. Still no matter how fast I ran, it felt like I was going in slow motion. When I passed the same tree three times, I stopped. There is no way to get away from here. Why cant I have normal dreams, like a regular person.

I looked around and noticed that the dream wasn’t exactly the same as the others. The trees weren’t missing there leaves. Which made it a lot quieter as I walked. I actually saw a few animals, and it wasn’t as dark as it usually is. I looked up and saw that it was a full moon out. That makes sense. I turned around and started walking. I don’t know where, but I can’t really escape the dream now can I? I waited for Michael to appear somewhere, but her never did. I hate to admit it, but I wanted for him to be here with me. I know in my mind that I shouldn’t, but my heart is saying something else.