No Pity For A Coward

Chapter 12; No Pity For A Coward

“Movie night!!” Andy yelled the second I walked into the house.

“Let me get changed and I’ll be down.” I said as I walked past him, and went up to my room. It has been a while since, we’ve all sat together and had a movie night. We usually just sit around the table in the living room and do our nails and face masks while the movie played in the background. I would never tell Holly or Bridget that I preferred actually watching the movie instead of doing nails and putting the face masks on each other. They would probably have a heart attack.

I blinked a few times, to bring myself back into the present time and opened my bedroom door. “Jesus!” I flipped on the light and saw Michael lounging back on my bed. My hand slapped over my chest and as I walked into my room and shut the door behind me. “What are you doing here?”

“Movie night.” Michael said as he shrugged his shoulders and crossed his hands over his chest. “Jay, Alex and David are here too.”

I ignored the cocky smirk on his face as I went over to my dresser and pulled out some comfortable pajamas. “That still doesn’t explain why you are here.” I gestured towards his body. “You could be downstairs with the rest of them.”

“I like your room so much more though.”

“Whatever.” I said as I went into the closet and quickly changed my clothes.

Before I emerged from the closet, I put my shoes in the corner next to my other ones and threw my clothes in the hamper. “So are you going to stay up here while we watch the movie?” I asked with my eyebrow raised as I looked at Michael who was still lounging back on my bed, but with his hands behind his head and his eyes shut.

“Nope. I’m going down…in a minute.”

“Alright…” I said as I turned around and started walking towards the door.

“Where are you going? Come here.” Michael said as he patted the spot next to him.

A sigh escaped my lips as I turned around and slowly walked back to him, sitting on my bed next to him. “What do you want?”

“About earlier today…I wanted to…apologize.”

If I wasn’t sitting as close to him as I was, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have been able to hear him. “I take it you don’t like saying sorry?” I smiled, as I turned so I was facing him. “You don’t need to apologize, it was the stupidest argument I’ve ever heard in my life.”

“Works for me.” Michael said as he started to kick off his shoes, that I didn’t realize he was wearing. “So how did the whole college thing go today?”

As he was talking, I couldn’t control my eyes as they kept lowering down to his mouth. I wanted to taste him again. Before I could stop it, my thoughts traveled to the last time we kissed. I didn’t want it to stop; ever. I didn’t realize what I was doing until I felt his lips against mine. I didn’t know if it was him or me that started the kiss, but I didn’t care. I slowly got on top of him so that I was straddling his waist.

In the back of my mind, I recognized the feeling of the cool air hitting my bare torso, but the only thing I was focusing on right now was his lips against mine. In this moment, nothing else mattered. I slowly slid my hands up his chest, bringing his shirt along with my hands and broke the kiss for less than a second as I pulled his shirt off and crushed our lips together as I ran my hands into his hair. I smiled against his lips as Michael moaned when I gripped tighter at his roots.

“Oh my god!” Holly said, standing in my doorway. Michael and I pulled apart the second we heard her voice. Why is it that every time we really get into it, someone has to interrupt. Its like some cruel joke. I got off his lap and ran my hands through my hair as I looked around for my shirt. “Umm. We were all wondering what was taking so long…I guess I know now.” Holly bent down and picked up my shirt. “Here.”