Chapter 46 ~ Revelations (Part 1)

"Would you please pick up that blanket?" I asked, making final touches in an effort to tidy the house before Daniel arrives.

As excited as I am to see him, I'm also incredibly nervous. There's so much that Dan doesn't know and it's all going to be revealed tonight. Tom moving out, my surprise trip to London, Ross and I being engaged, ane most importantly, him being a father.

The entire gang has been gathered together at my place, as we wait for his cab to pull up. Ross sat with me, aware of how vissably nervous I was.

"It's gonna be okay, Ash. Stop panicking." He comforted me. I'm not even sure that he was fully aware of what I was worrying about, never the less I was thankful.

We suddenly heard a car door slam shut, followed by loud footsteps towards the front door. I stood and slowly walked towards it. The door then flew wide open, revealing my almost unrecognizable brother. I smiled and practically jumped into his arms without even speaking. He clearly missed me as much as I missed him by the was he grinned into the hug.

"I missed you so much." I whispered to him, right before all the worry came sprinting back to me.

"It's good to be home." He smiled and turned to face everyone else who watched curiously. I turned to face Lexi, who had a certain happy yet terrified look spread across her face.

Daniel split of from me and instantly began socializing and catching up. It wasn't long until he noticed somebody missing.

"Where's Tom? He asked, walking over to the table of snacks I'd left out.

"Uh, he, um. He moved out." I struggled to say. He squinted and looked at me.

"Why?" He dragged out.

"Because he went on tour. Havn't you heard? He's super famous now." I added, dipping a cracker into the french onion dip.

"Oh yeah. Wait, so you've been living here alone?" He asked, leaning into the side of the table. I figured this was as best time as any to just come right out with everything, too bad someone decided to ruin it.

"So how's New York? Rydel asked, standing between Dan and I and picking up a chip of her own. I walked away from two who were already knee deep in a conversation about NYC.

I took myself over to Ross and Rocky who were sitting on the edge of the couch talking about some video game. Rocky saw me approaching and figured he'd leave. Unnecessary, but thanked.

"So, how do you want to tell him? I assume that's why you're here, right?" Ross asked with a smug look on his face.

"Read my mind. We'll have to do it together. Maybe out back, by the hot tub?" I asked before recalling that I hadn't even been in the hot tub all summer and asking myself why.

"I'm cool with that. Also, the rest of the family are heading home soon, they've got dinner waiting. But I'm gonna stay. For you." He said in a cute, childish way. I smiled and have him a small peck on the lips. I panicked for a second and looked over to Dan to see if he'd seen.

Luckily, he was still emurced in his conversation with Rydel. That was until Lexi made her way over to him. I could see her shaking. I watched as Dan nodded and followed the shivering Lexi who lead him outside. My heart started pounding just at the thought.

Lexi's P.O.V

I walked slowly behind Daniel as we made our way outside. It had taken me the whole time he's been here to work up the courage and finally tell him. I could tell he was curious.

"So what's up?" He smiled as he ran his fingers through his light brown hair.

"There's something I need to tell you." I whispered. And then, I just closed my eyes, took a deep breath and said it. I looked up and saw that Dan had practically frozed.

He started breathing heavily and blinking constantly. He looked even more shocked than when I'd told Ash. There was a good few minutes of silence before either of us spoke.

"B-But... Are you serious?" Was all he managed to get out. I wiped a tear that had escaped my eye and nodded. Dan just started pacing back and forth, trying to wrap his head around things.

"Are you mad?" I asked him, secretly terrified of the answer.

"No. I'm not mad. I'm just, shocked." He said, sitting down on the edge of the hot tub.

"I know the feeling." I admitted, taking a seat next to him.

"Lexi, before this conversation goes on, you need to know, I have a girlfriend." His words were like unexpected daggers. "Her name's Jade. She's my co-star."

"Oh." Was all I could say. "I-I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, I mean, I'm thrilled that I'm gonna be a dad. At least I think I'm thrilled. To be honest, I'm don't know what I think. It's a lot to take in." He explained.

"You're not alone." I frowned at him.

"Neither are you. Lexi, I do want to be there for this baby. But I just hope that you know that I can't be there right now. I'm only in town until tomorrow, then it's back to New York for another couple of weeks."

"I know. I'm just so happy you're not upset." I smiled slightly.

"But, I'm not sure how Jade's gonna feel. She's actually here in LA with me. She should be coming by soon." I was a little taken back at first. I had heard of his co-star before. Jade Prescott is this super famous actress/model that has a huge rep for being a diva. She honestly scares me a bit.

"Okay cool, I look forward to meeting her." I lied. Something gave me the feeling that me telling him, would end up being one of the easier parts of the night.

(A/N: So this is just a simple little chapter, because it's only part 1. Also, sorry for it taking so long, the next one won't, promise.

Tell me what you think, Charlotte.)