Chapter 32 ~ Apologies.

"What the hell are you doing here." I struck.

"It's nice to see you too." He smirked with a deviousness about him.

"How did you know I was here. Nobody knows im here." I crossed my arms and leaned against the frame of the door.

"I saw you walk in here yesterday. Don't you remember? You looked right at me." He accused. I thought back to yesterday, the people that looked at me funny. It finally clicked that it was Caleb and his brother. How did I not see it before?

"Oh, I didn't realize it was you. What are you doing in the UK anyway?" I asked as I shut the door and gestured for him to sit on the stairs that led to the door.

"Family vacation, and you?" He sat down and turned his knees towards me.

"...Escaping." I answered after a few seconds of thought. Caleb pursed his lips looked down at his feet.

"Look, Ash, I'm so sorry about what happened a couple weeks ago. I was an idiot and-" He began his rant.

"I don't need your apology. I need a time machine to go back and never date you in the first place." I cut him off. He looked into my eyes and quickly snapped out of the trance I appeared to have put him in.

"What are you escaping from?" He discreetly changed the subject.

"My friends, my home, my life. Everything.I just can't deal with it anymore." I began tearing up.

"I'm sorry, come here." He said and pulled me into a hug. Usually, I wouldn't hug someone I was mad at, but I needed it.

~~

Riker's P.O.V

I paid the cab driver and headed towards the gates of the haunted mansion look alike. As I looked through them I saw Ash.  

She was hugging some guy, I couldn't tell who it was because I could only see the back of his head. As he pulled away from the hug, I recognized who it was. It was that slimy guy who stood up Ash. Why the hell was she hugging him?

The two spoke a couple of sentenced to eachother and he followed her into the house before I could call out to her. I pulled out my phone in an attempt to call her, but of course I don't have international coverage.

I sighed and almost admitted defeat, until she walked back out to retrieve something I couldn't quite make out.

" Ash!" I yelled through the damp gates. She looked around, and then her head shot to me. A surprised expression grew on her face. She looked back inside the house and then jogged over to me.

"Riker? What... are you doing here?" She looked up and down at me and held on to the bars of the gate.

"I'm here for you." I told her as I too held onto the gates.

"I can't believe you came all the way to England for me. H-How did you even know I was here?" She said placidly, almost smiling.

"That's not important, but what is important is that you have to come home. We need you." I smiled at her. Just then, Caleb walked through the door way. Ash spun her face towards him, then walked back over to him.

"Caleb, I'm sorry but you have to go." I heard her say.

"What? But I just got here." He complained. Ash looked back over to me and he followed her gaze. He looked back at her.

"I'm sorry." She repeated, looking at her feet.

"No, I get it." He grunted and began walking my way. The gates I was still holding on to began to open, the screeching made me jump a little. How did he make them open?

I got out of the way and watched him angrily walk away.

"Do you want to go for a walk? Ash smiled, now right next to me. When did she get there?

"Sure." I replied, kinda glad she didn't invite me into death mansion over there.

Ash and I walked down the street and to the nearest ice cream parlor and on the way I told her all about what had happened after she left. I mentioned all about Ross needing her bone marrow, in which she almost began crying.

She told me that as much as she wants to help him, she can't bring herself to go back home just yet. She said she needs time to figure things out.

I just don't think she had enough time to do it.

~~

Ross's P.O.V

Another day, another doctors appointment. With Riker away in New York, things have been really rough at home, I feel like the only time I actaully have to myself is at the hospital.

It's quiet here, gives me a place to think. And all I can seem to think about is Ash. What happens if we don't find her? What happens if she doesn't come home in time? What if she never comes home? I just don't think I can live with that. Litterally.

My thoughts were interrupted by the doctor stammering his way into the room. Today's the day I get probably the worst news of all.

How long I have left.

"So, Doc, just give it to me straight. How long?" I asked fowardly.

"Well, if your little friend doesn't show up by Wednesday, I'd say about two months." He answered with sympathy in his voice. My heart dropped once the words sank in.

"That's it? Two months?" I asked with water filling my eyes.

"I'm sorry." He replied, taking off his glasses. "But, there might be another solution."

"What? Another solution? What is it? I'll do anything."

"Before I tell you what it is, I must say, this is a dangerous procedure. There's only a 30% chance of it working. And if it doesn't, it could make everything worse and decrease the time you have left."

"But..." I magnaged to get out.

"Are you up for it?"

~~ 

( A/N: Well, there is something going on in this one. That's some soap opera stuff.

Anyway, I'd just like to say that although I'm so grateful for all the reads and votes, I wish I had more comments. It's the only thing holding the story back from moving forward.

So, to increase the comments, I promise that the next time I update (in 2-3 days) I will post 1 extra chapter for every 10 comments I get on this one. Lots of love, Charlotte)