Chapter 44 ~ Baby Talk.

"WHAT?!" I stood up and cringed at the thought.

"I'm so sorry, Ash." She said and touched my hand. I yanked it away, no longer allowing her to touch me.

"How did that even... when did it... I mean, what?" The million questions that raced through my mind struggled to get through. I began pacing around the room, wrapping my head around this.

If it's true, my best friend is having my brother's baby. I'm going to be an aunt. And if they get married after all this, Lexi will be my sister in law. Again, what?

"It was one time, a few nights before Dan left for New York. I'm so sorry." She pleaded, my brain took in the new information and began trying to fit the peices together.

"You said that already. Okay, you need to explain, now." I demanded, preparing for the image that was soon going to posses my mind.

"I came over one night to see you. Your brother let me in and said that you went to the beach with Ross and that. So, I decided to wait. And then Dan started talking to me about this movie he just got a role in." She began recalling the night it happened.

"Is that the movie he went to New York for?" I asked, trying to keep up.

"Yeah. He came up to me with two scrips and asked if I'd rehearse with him. I said yes and we started reading this love scene between his character and his character's girlfriend. There was a kiss at the end of the scene, so I just went along with it. And one thing led to another, and we ended up in his bedroom." She looked at the ground.

"And?" I asked, processing the novel I'd just been read.

"And I think you know the rest." She muttered.

"Well, maybe he's not the father. Maybe it was someone else." I tried not to accept that my 17 year old friend might be carrying my brother's baby.

"Ash, he was the only one." She frowned.

"Oh." I whispered. There goes my last hope that Daniel couldn't be the father. Not that I had many to begin with.

"I don't know if you know this, but I don't have a whole lot of experience with guys. I mean, I've only ever kissed like 3 guys and one of them is your best friend." She pleaded, sobbing in the mean time. I still don't understand how guys aren't all over her. Sobbing on my couch, and she's still breathtaking.

"Fiancé, actaully." I slipped in, smiling slightly to myself.

"What? You're engaged? Congratulations." She smiled before bursting out into tears. I sat back down next to her, comforting her gently.

"Why are you crying? Lex?" I rubbed her shoulder.

"Because, your engaged. Your life's just beginning and I feel like mines over." She cried into her hands.

"It's not over Lexi." I tried to reassure her.

"It is, Ash. My parents are going to kick me out and disown me when they find out. Also, my careers over, because who's gonna hire a 17 year old pregnant girl? And what happens if your brother wants nothing to do with the baby? And I end up having to raise them on my own. What happens then, Ash?" She yelled.

I couldn't help but want to cry with her. Because, admittingly, If I was in her situation, I'd be terrified too.

"H-Have you thought about... abortion?" I eased in, hoping she wouldn't lash out at me.

"Okay, I know that that would probably be the better option for me, but it's certainly not for the baby." She admitted.

"So when are you going to tell him?" I asked.

"I want to do it in person, but he doesn't finish filming for another month." She sighed.

"Well, I actually talked to him earlier. And he told me that he was taking the weekend off and coming up to visit. Maybe you should tell him then." I consoled.

"Yeah. That'd probably be the best time to do it." She smiled faintly as her phone buzzed. " Well, I should probably get home. Thanks, for everything." She smiled and hugged me.

"Your welcome." I said and with that she left.

I looked over at the clock. 9:30. Damn we talked for a long time. I figured that Ross's surprise dinner was off. Too late for that now. And after the roller coaster of a day I just had, I was so tired. So tired that I fell asleep right there on the couch.

~~~

Ross's P.O.V

"Okay guys, from the top!" Riker yelled from behind his bass. Ratliff tapped his drum sticks together and everyone began playing.

"Been looking for the one tonight, but I can't see you. Cause I'm blinded by all the lights, ohh." I sang in perfect harmony to the instruments. As I sang, I imagined being on stage, preforming our hearts out. And I look out at the crowd of unknown faces, and I see Ash.

Why is it that her name always makes me smile? I sang through the song and strummed my guitar. Why did we take the summer off? I miss this. As song finished, everyone began clapping and cheering. And by everyone, I mean the rest of the band.

I walked over to my water bottle and took a huge gulp.

"Okay, that was good. But we need to be great at this party." Riker instructed.

"Why? So this girl will love you?" Ratliff moked.

"And then you guys will get married, and have little singing babies?" Rocky joined in. I ignored them all and decided to head back over to Ash's place. We rehearsed way longer than expected, so I pretty much just rushed out of there.

I walked through the front door and straight away found Ash asleep on the couch. She's so cute when she sleeps. I grabbed a blanket off the chair and laid it on top of her and kissed her on the forehead.

I hope that Riker and his crush end up being as happy as we are.

.

.

.

.

.

(A/N: So I kinda just threw in a short Ross's P.O.V there because I hadn't done one in a while. You know what I realised today? That this story is under 10, 000 reads shy of being the most read ross lynch and R5 fanfic. That's awesome. But I never did this for the reads or the votes. I did it because I love writing. And I'm in total awe that people are liking it.

Also, I have some options as to what happens with Lexi and Dan. You guys should please comment which one you'd like to happen.

a) Dan is over the moon about it and promises to be with her the whole way.

b) He comes back to LA with his new actress girlfriend that causes problems for Lexi.

c) Dan decides he wants nothing to do with the baby. And Lexi seeks comfort with one of the Lynch boys.

or any others you can come up with. Love you, Charlotte. )