Chapter 25 ~ The Callback.

"Ash? Are you coming down for breakfast?" Tom called, peaking his head through my bedroom door.

"Mneghjergbble." I moaned, not leaving the underneith of my blanket.

"Sure. I understood that." Tom said sarcastically, closing the door afterwards. "YOU'VE GOT TO COME DOWN SOME DAY." He yelled through the door.

I sat up and pulled the covers off me. I looked around and sighed.

"Damn. I'm still alive." I said to myself jokingly. I decided it was time to get up. I didn't bother getting dressed, doing my makeup or even brushing my hair. I was a mess and I wanted it to show.

When I got downstairs I saw Tom admiring himself in the mirror. He saw me watching him and turned around.

"Like what you see?" He joked and put on a rape face. I couldn't help but laugh. That would be the first time in a few days. Considering yesterday, I had my heart crushed by the neighbour.

"Oh, wait, forgot my lucky pick." Tom smiled and ran upstairs. Oh yeah, he's got that callback today. I so hope he gets it today.

~

Tom's P.O.V:

'Where is it? Where is it? Where is it?' I thought to myself whilst I sorted through my guitar case. Then, remembered something.

I played Ash a lullaby last night! I rushed into her room and searched the chair I was sitting on. Nothing.

I got down on all fours and looked all around. I used my phone as a light to see if it'd gone under her bed. Yes! There it was. I leaned under the bed and picked it up.

Then I saw something. A small box. Curiosity struck me. I pulled the box out and studied it.

It had a keyhole, but it wasn't locked. So, I opened it. I smiled, and pulled out Ash's littlw black book. Her songwriting book. Before I had a chance to look at it, I hears something.

"Tom?" Ash's faint voice called to me. I panicked and shoved the book into my pocket and the box back under the bed. I grabbed my picked and rushed out of the room, passing Ash on the way and yelling, "Found my pick, I gotta go!" as I left.

~~~

As I paciently waited in a room full of other hopefuls, I started to het reallt nervous. I could slightly hear the person in the rooms audition. It was amazing. I realized that none of my songs were going to cut it.

I pulled Ash's book out of my pocket and read some of the most amazing lyrics ever. They were so emotional and mesmerizing. But, there was this one song in particular that got my eye.

I stared to sing it in my head to the rune of one of my own songs. It sounded amazing. Before I knew it, I had memorised the whole song.

"Tom?" A female called my name as another guy walked out of the room. Showtime.

As I stood in front of the critics, I knew that if I wanted to get signed, I needed to preform Ash's song. I started strumming.

"It gets harder. Harder everyday, and I'm trying to let go of the pain, but it keeps on coming back this way. I, I realize that I'm alone. And I'm tired of being on my own. Just wanna find my home..."

I sung and sung until everyone in room erupted into applause. I shook their hands and left with contract in my hand. I couldn't wait to tell Ash!

That I read her book...

And stole her song...

And will be making into a single...

That will be realsed worldwide... I can't tell her.

~~~ MUST READ

(A/N: Hola my beautys. Big Author's Note this week. Sorry that this chapter is basically all Tom, but it's crucially important to the story line.

The other day, my best friend Ashley ( the girl I based Ash off) came running up to me screaming "OMG ITS YOU! YOU'RE THE ONE THAT WRITES THE GIRL NEXT DOOR!" Now, I don't know what gave that away, maybe it was the fact that I called charecter Ash, or I signed 'Charlotte' at the end of all my Author's Notes. But, anyway, now that she knows, she wants to be more involved in the story. So, I've decided to ler her announce the characters of my next r5 fanfic.

So, In 2 days, go onto Ash's new twitter and find out if you're in the story! (and incase you didn't enter, you still have a chance to be in it, just comment your name and what part you want to play on this chapter)

If you dont have twitter, they will also be posted with the next chapter.

-Charlotte xx)