Chapter 36 ~ The Game of Operation.

"C'mon! Hurry!" Ash yelled as she and Ross jogged into the hospital entrance.

"Going as fast as I can!" Ross panted. When they reached the front desk, they just stood there and caught there breath for a moment.

"Hi, can I help you?" The receptionist asked looking a bit grossed out by the two sweaty teens.

"Yes, um, is Dr. Richardson still here? and is he available?" Ross stammered out, hoping things would go his way just once. The woman typed on her computer before responding.

"Uh, yes, Dr. Richardson is still here but he's set to be clocking off any minute now." She gaves us a sympathetic look.

"Do you know where we could find him?" Ash spoke, finally regaining her regular heart rate.

"He usually exits on the other side of the building." Her computer beeped just then. "Oh, and it looks like he just checked out.Sorry guys."

Ross gave a look of defeat, but Ash, gave a look of determination.

" No, we can still catch him!" She yelled and began running down the hallway. Ross soon ran after her, ensuring that he wouldn't wake the patients.

The two of them ran down three long hallways, up a flight of stairs, through a children's play room and down another hallway to the second exit.

Ross figured at this point that he'd already be long gone, but Ash refused to accept that her plan didn't work. She pushed open the doors to the parking lot and ran down to the cars.

Ross slowly walked after her. Ash looked out at wide area, and saw nobody.

"Ash, come here." He said and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry Ross. I was so sure it was going work." She cried into his chest.

"It's okay. At least you tried. That's all that matters." He rubbed her back and dhe wrapped her arms around him.

"Stupid Dr. Richardson!" Ash yelled.

"Yes?" A deep male voice spoke from behind them. Both Ash and Ross turned to face him.

"You're still here!" Ash jumped, releasing her grip on Ross.

"Yeah. I, uh, forgot my phone. What are you two doing here?" Dr. Richardson explained.

"I want to donate my bone marrow." Ash spoke straight to him.

"Oh, so this is the famous Ashley I've heard so much about. Well, I'm sorry guys, but you had to of done it by today." He pulled out his car keys.

"With all due respect sir, it still is today." Ross spoke up.

The doctor sighed, gave a quick glance to his car and back before answering.

"I guess there's no harm in trying. Get inside." He spoke as Ash and Ross jumped up and hugged eachother again.

~~

Ash's P.O.V

The doctor then lead us into a dark room. He paged for some nurses to come help with the process. Two nurses walked in, one began preparing the operation table and the other helped the doctor with equipment and paperwork.

He gave Ross and I some sheets to sign, they were all about liability and funds and such. We quickly signed them and Dr. Richardson motioned for me to sit on the bed-table thing.

I did and told and Ross walked up to me and held my hand. I was so terrified that it wasn't going to work.

"Now, Ashley, I'm going to give you some knock out gas. When you wake up you should feel a bit weak. There should be a nurse with you when you wake up. Just let her know what you need." I nodded he put a mask over my mouth.

I became very tired and everything soon began to fade until everything was completely black.

~~~

I woke up in a daze. I looked around. It was a different room from before. I looked over at the clock. It was almost 2 am.

"How are you feeling?" A tall nurse asked me.

"Dizzy." I answered, rubbing my eyes.

"You were out alot longer than expected." Ross spoke up from next to me.

"Ross! Are you okay? How'd the procedure go?" I turned to look at him.

"The doctor said it all went perfectly. But I have to come back in a couple days for more testing." He sounded tired aswell. I wonder how long he's been waiting for me to wake up.

" Ashley, I'm just gonna get you patched up and then you'll be free to go." The nurse said I sat up and looked at the scar on my shoulder. Man it looked bad. The nurse put a bandage over it and gave me a cream to rub on it every night and morning until it gets better.

I thanked her and Ross lead me out. I checked my phone that I'd practically forgotten about. 9 missed calls. Ouch.

I dialed the number for a cab, because I figured it wasn't safe for us to walk home. I snuggled up to Ross in the cab ride home.

Now all I have to do is wait for the results and hope they turn out as planned. But then again, hope hasn't really been a friend to me lately.

~~~

(A/N: Here it is, the corner front of the whole story (which I've decided will not be continuing that much longer, unless people really want it to). This chapter was inspired by some of the ideas of readers that inboxed me. So thankyou.

Tell me your thoughts? ~Char)