Chapter 42 ~ Mornings.

"What do you want?" I crossed my arms.

"So I can't come over just to say hi?" He smirked. I squinted my eyes and tilted my head. "Okay, fine. I'm here to pick the rest of my stuff."

"What stuff? Your rooms empty." I said. Ross then appeared behind me, I felt his hand on my shoulder.

"Woah, matching robes and messy hair? Looks like you two had a fun night." Tom winked. Ross and I both looked at eachother and blushed. "I knew you two would shack up eventually." He admitted.

"Well, if you must know, we're engaged." Ross announced to him as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Really? Congrats." He smiled. "Can I talk to you for a minute, Ash?" I nodded and stopped outside with him.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking around the street for people that might see me.

"Listen, I'm really sorry for not telling you that I used your song. It was just so good, and after hearing the other guy, I just didn't think my stuff was going to cut it."

"It's okay, Tom. I've had a lot of time to think about it and I forgive you. But what happened to you? I got back and you were just gone." I looked at the ground.

"After you left, I felt so horrible that I ran down to the studio to back out of the deal. It felt no good letting them sign me on a lie. But when I was down there, they told me that they wanted me to go on a kick-off tour with Ariana Grande. I couldn't turm that down. So I packed my stuff and hit the road. I got back yesterday." He scuffed.

"So, where are you staying now?" I asked, hugging my robe for warmth.

"I'm gonna crash at my new drummer's place. I just stopped by to apologize and grab the stuff I left in the garage. If that's okay with you." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Sure. But you know your still welcome to stay here." I said, now walking down to the front of garage.

"Thanks, but you're engaged now. And soon enough, Ross will probably move in with you, and I'll just be an awkward 3rd wheel. It's fine, I promise." He said and pushed open the door.

"Well, if you're sure." I smiled as I watched him collect a few dusty boxes.

"I am. Thanks again, Ash. Ross is a lucky man." He smiled and headed over to his car. I waved at him and proceeded back into the house. Ahh, heat.

"So what did he want?" Ross said in an angry tone.

"Don't say it like that. We're friends again." I smiled.

"Oh. Okay let me try it again." He grinned, and with a happy voice said, "So, what did he want?" I couldn't help but laugh.

"He just wanted to apologize." I grabbed an apple out of the fruit bown and bit into it.

Without knocking, Riker stammered his way into the room, looking just as playful as yesterday.

"Good morning!" He chanted with a bright smile.

"Morning." Ross and I both mumbled.

"It's such a beautiful day. And I'm in such a good mood, I'm not even going to question what you're wearing." He looked down at the girly robe Ross was wearing.

"Mr. McHappy Pants has joined us again? Yay." Ross mocked.

"So, what has got in such a fantastic mood anyway?" I questioned, taking another bit on my apple.

"Well if you must know, I met a girl." He beamed.

"Wow, congrats bro. When do we get to meet the lady?" Ross asked, preparing to make himself toast.

"Uh, sometime after I actually build up the courage to ask her out." He raised his eyebrows and frowned.

"Come on dude, what girl would say no to you?" I cheered him on, enjoying my apple.

"Thanks. Hey, I had a dream about you last night." He said and looked at me. I froze up and widened my eyes.

"What?" I snapped as my stomach dropped.

"Yeah, we were partners in crime. And we had a pet monkey sidekick named Bo Bo." He explained. I sighed and took another bite.

"Dude, you can't have a sidekick if there's already two of you." Ross added, waiting for his toast to pop.

"Explain that to my brain. I don't decide what happens when I sleep. He does." He said and headed back towards the front door. Mr. McHappy Pants has left the building.

Ross finished his toast and headed upstairs to take a shower while I stayed in the lounge room and turned on the tv, trying to kick my worries. Ross came and sat with me, shortly after he got dressed.

"Hey Ross, How would you react to having a dirty dream about someone else? As in, besides me?" I asked.

"Well, as Riker said before, we don't get to choose what happens in our dreams. If I had a dream about someone else, I probably wouldn't think too much of it. I doubt it means anything." He stated blankly.

"You're probably right." I said.

I spent the rest of the day barely doing anything. I had a shower, got dressed, watched some tv. Called Daniel. Visited the future in-laws. It was a pretty blank day.

That was until I got a call from Dr. Richardson.

(A/N: Sorry it took so long to update and it's so short, I actaully wrote this huge chapter but decided to split it there. Ill put up the next one soon. Love always, Char)