Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13! This is a very fluffy chapter and I hope you all enjoy it. Thank you for all the reads and votes and comments! I love reading them and it helps inspire me:) Thank you lovlies. ENJOY!

~~~~~

Trigonometry couldn't end soon enough. Once the final bell rang, Dan quickly grabbed the books he needed to bring home then met up with Phil at his locker.

"I'm so ready to go home." Dan groaned texting Chris telling him that he's canceling his study session then smiling at Phil. "You ready?" Phil turned back to Dan and nodded, looking behind them down the hall and anticipating the amount of people that would start flooding through the halls if they didn't hurry. He looked to Dan and started walking, his head sinking down. Dan followed behind him silently and walked out of the building just as everyone else crowded the halls talking about their weekend. Dan slid his hand into Phil's and led him to the car smiling at his chauffeur as they both slid in. Dan sat back resting his head on the soft leather and sighed reaching out for Phil's hand to hold during the ride.

"Just fair warning, Chris might come up to me and start shouting. So if you want to like, I don't know, prepare yourself of something, I suggest you do so." Dan smiled lifting his head to look at Phil realizing he never told Phil who Christopher was. Phil was a bit confused and tilted his head to the side slightly, playing with Dan's fingers in his hand.

"It'll be okay though." Dan nodded figuring Phil would figure out who he is soon enough. "He's not that bad."

The car pulled up to the front door as his chauffeur ran around the side to open the car door. Dan led Phil inside to see Christopher holding his cell phone in his hand expecting Dan.

"What do you mean you're skipping your studies, Daniel? You skipped last Monday." Christopher stated tapping his foot.

"I know, I know. But do I really need to do them every day? Mum and Dad won't even notice." Dan replied holding Phil's hand tightly behind his back. "We shouldn't argue in front of company, Chris. It's not proper." Dan smiled.

"Well then, would you rather have this talk with your parents later tonight? Your test grade came back from last week. How did you get a B on a Frankenstein test? Why are you just letting your grades slip like this?"

"It's a B! I can't get A's all the time!"

"Yes you can, Daniel! You do! Cause you're-"

"Yes, yes, I'm a Howell. I got that. Can't we skip one lesson?"

"Absolutely not. But I'll make you a deal. Your friend can stay and sit in if he'd like. But we're still going through with your studies and piano. And if today goes really well, you may have tomorrow off."

Dan rolled his eyes and turned to Phil.

"I'm so sorry. Do you mind? I can take you home if you want to." Dan smiled slightly, his eyes losing their usual spark.

Phil tried to remain calm, or at least look that way as Dan was shouted at. He couldn't help but flinch a little every time his voice got particularly loud. He kept his head down until he heard Dan talk to him, in which he shook his head, hoping this situation would end quickly.

'How are you feeling?' Dan signed wishing he knew how to ask if Phil was okay rather than how he's feeling all the time.

Phil just nodded at the question, not feeling comfortable to answer Dan when there was someone watching - especially someone this intimidating.

Dan just smiled at Phil leading him into the study while Christopher followed them both in closing the door after them. Dan sat in his regular chair across from Chris and pulled his Sign Language book in his lap. He went over warm up exercises with Christopher signing short sentences and answers to them hoping they'd get to move on to the better stuff and not just review the whole time. As if he read his mind, Christopher introduced their next section showing Dan how to hold his hands and make his movements more fluid and less choppy. Phil pulled out his sketchbook, setting it in front of him, but got a bit distracted by the lesson. He found it interesting watching Dan learn this. Dan took casual glances at Phil while he was drawing and smiled to himself while he finished up his lesson.