Chapter 22

I woke up with a pounding headache and dried, crusty tears in my eyes. My breathe smelled like crap and that's what I felt like, too. The first thing I do, like any day, is check my phone. Surprisingly my phone is full of Twitter notifications. Only this time, they're not positive. Some of them are even death threats. I make the mistake of reading through all the comments and break out in tears. Knowing he consequences of reading the hate, I do the first thing I think of and deactivate my Twitter account.

Why would Luke do this? Why would Luke even think it? I sit in my bed, drained of tears for what seems like decades, just staring into nothingness. I'm pulled out of the trance by my phone ringing. It takes me a few moments to snap back to reality and pick up the phone. I don't even bother looking who it is when I answer it.

"What do you want?" I speak into the microphone not even trying to cover up the fact that I'm crying since impossible to cover up.

"Kate, what's wrong?" The voice I recognize as being Calum's asks.

"What's wrong? Did you seriously just ask that? I mean it's not like the entire world hates me because of something I didn't do and the person I probably trust the most hated by guts. It's not like every time I'm somewhat happy, my world comes crumbling down into my own hands." I yell into the phone only afterwards feeling the hot tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Something you didn't do?! You were cuddling with Zach and there's even pictures of it! Don't you get that lying won't make anything better?" He snaps back and in in complete shock at his break out.

"I'm so done with you, Calum Hood. I thought at least Ashton, you and Michael would understand me but obviously you just think I'm some kind of slag who sleeps with everything that moves." I cry into the phone before smashing it onto the ground, not even hanging up or caring that it's pieces are shattered across the ground. I just sit there unable of crying, wondering what I've done to deserve this misery. Why I can't be happy for more than five seconds.

"Katie. Why'd you deactivate your Twitter?" Grayson asks entering my room. I, being too weak to answer, just sit there, unresponsive. Completely paralyzed. Not blinking, not moving and not breathing. Grayson talks to me but it all seems so distant and faded. Like we're on completely different sides of a huge room and he's whispering.

He grabs my shoulders and shakes them but I just sit there. Blankly staring ahead unable to move my fatigued muscles. My fingers start feeling cold and soon after the coldness travels up my arms, into my legs and feet, into my head and eventually engulfing my whole body in unbearable coldness and excruciating pain until eventually it reaches my chest. It feels like somebody shot a bullet into my heart and ripped a chunk of it out.

I scream out in pain and Grayson immediately collapses into my bed, holding me in his arms, slightly warming me up. My window crashes open and Jake plummets through it.

"Kate!" He yells when he sees the state in. He sprints to my bed and holds my hands, flinching at the coldness. He grabs a blanket wrapping it around me tightly. Both boys hold me in their arms, mumbling soothing words helping me calm down my breathing a bit.

After about half an hour my breathing has calmed down and Jake grabs my phone and calls somebody and storms out of the room.

"Katie." Grayson begins stroking my hair soothingly. "I think we need to get you help. I can't stand seeing you go downhill and not being able to help to. It's heart breaking. I just want to see you be happy. That's all I ever want." He explains softly and I feel a tear fall onto my hair but it isn't mine. Grayson didn't cry. But he's crying now. I wrap my arms around his torso and rub his back.

After a while, Jake comes back into the room, fuming, but doesn't say anything. Grayson leaves my room to talk to my patents about what happened.

"Your brother's really hot." Jake observes after he leaves. I stare at him for a while before laughing.

"So I called Ashton. He talked to Luke but he's a stubborn bastard." He grumbles before continuing. "Calum called. He sounded distraught. Like he was almost crying. He said that he's sorry for boy believing you earlier." Jake explains. My head bounced up towards Jake in surprise.

"Calum believes me?" I ask confusedly but happily. Jake nods and I breathe
out a sigh of relief. "Only Mike left and then maybe Luke would believe me."

"Well, then let's Skype Michael." Jake announces picking up my laptop and opening the Skype app.

It takes a while for Michael to pick up but he does eventually. Looking very pissed off may I add.

"What do you want?" He snap say me and I'm not even shocked. I just look at the screen, containing myself.

"I wanted to let you know that all of what you've hear is all complete lies. I would never set Luke's image on the line and cheat on him even though we're only fake dating." I explain growing more nervous by the word. To my surprise all he does is chuckle coldly.

"Aleisha warned us that you'd do this. Unfortunately only Luke and I believed her. She told us how manipulative you are. She told us you'd try and convince us you're innocent. You're a sick person, Kathleen." He tells us and I'm in shock once again.

"What? I've never had an actual conversation with her. She doesn't know anything about me." I respond but he doesn't seem to be interested.

"Save it Kate." Michael says before ending the call. I just sit there, mouth ajar, confused by his words. Why would Aleisha do something like this? What did I do to her that would make her want to ruin my Luke this? Why would she do this to Zach, her own brother? Was Zach involved in this, did he know she did this?

So many questions are whizzing through my still painful brain but so little answers. It's all so confusing.

"That complete bitch." Jake mumbles, getting up walking to the door.

"Jake! Where are you going?" I yell after him and he turns back around to me.

"I'm gonna go get a massage to calm down so I won't kill Aleisha when I go to her house later to talk to her." Jake announces.

"Mind if I join you on the first part?"

"Sure." So we both ended up getting massages.