Chapter 11

To say we were the elephant in the room would be an understatement.

The room that was previously filled with laughter and chatter now filled with a suffocating silence, as people stared in disbelief.

"Umm... Hi?" Ashton greats but it comes out as more of a question. Finally some of the people turn away, but most stay still staring at us. Most going all heart eyes on the guys, but there was also a couple of evil glances being sent my way.

I awkwardly walked towards an empty table and was relieved to see the guys following behind me. As I sit down most of the people have stopped staring and I release a breathe I didn't know I was holding in.

"Boo." I hear someone yell in my ear, making me squeal and jump. In the process of doing so, I manage to drop my sandwich on the table making it splat everywhere.

I look back to see Jake and Zach behind me in fits of laughter. "You complete Jerks!" I groan as I look back at my ruined sandwich.

"That was payback for ditching me." Jake sasses as he sits down next to me.

"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot you have no other friends." I respond with a small smirk on my face.

"Oh no you didn't." Jake adds before pulling his leg back, ready to kick me under the table, but while doing so, manages to hit his shin against the table instead, letting out a yelp.

"Karma is a female dog." I sigh before taking a bite of what was left of my sandwich.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk through the double doors of the school for break, and immediately Calum and Luke sprint over towards the tree where I found Luke yesterday.

Calum attempts to climb it while Luke just hugs it like its a person. I giggle a little at the adorableness of the scene playing out infornt of me.

Ashton, Michael, Jake, Zach and I walk over to the tree and I sit down at its trunk while guys just stand there.

"A lot of great memories have been made by this exact tree." Calum, who was hanging from the tree, begins. "This is where I first met Luke and Michael, and also where we decided to make a band. Lukey also had his first kiss with Aleisha here." Calum lists.

"I don't think I would consider the last one as a 'great memory'." Luke mumbles sitting down next to me.

Calum swings back and forth on the thick sturdy branch of the tree like a little kid on a jungle gym.

"You should watch out dude. That branch looks too fat to hold on to and knowing your luck, you'll probably be on the floor, face planted within the next three seconds." Michael points out to Calum.

"I am not going to fa-" Calum begins before he swings backwards too hard, looses his grip on the branch and lands flat in his face.

"Stupid freaking psychic." Calum accuses, clutching his nose while the rest of us are just laughing our butts off. "Wow. What nice friends I've got." Calum sighs and I'm not sure, but I swear I could see Jake blushing from the corner of my eye as Calum called him his friend.

What a fangirl.

"How long are you guys actually gonna stay in Australia? Aren't you really busy?" I ask, curiosity getting the best of me.

"Why? Have you had enough of us already?" Luke asks, faking hurt.

"Yes. You guys are just ew." I respond making the best mean girl voice I could possibly make.

Ashton giggles his cute little giggle before answering. "We're back here for break and we'll leave for America in about two and a half weeks."

"By the way. This is completely off topic but there's a fare at the beach. Do you guys want to go with us?" Michael asks us and Jake doesn't even hesitate before saying, "Yes of course we want to." And immediately turns bright red and steps back trying to hide his face. The guys chuckle before Ashton confirms "Cool. We'll meet you at the beach at six." I ponder for a while trying to figure out where on 'the beach' it could be. As if he could read my mind, Luke suggests "We can pick you guys up if you want." I nod a little and smile.