Chapter 21

"Hey Kate." Zach smiles as I get into the car.

"Hi Zach." I greet as I close the door. "So, where we headed?" I ask getting comfortable in the car seat.

"To the park." He announces with a wide grin.

"Oh okay. So no wild party?" I ask as reassurance.

"Nope." He answers popping the 'p'.

Through the entire car ride he jam out to whatever random songs play in the radio.

When we arrive, I'm still in the car tying my shoe lace so Zach takes the opportunity to open the car door for me.

"M'lady." He says in a British accent and I roll my eyes at him. We walk into the park the thing I see immediately is a huge, sturdy tree. I gasp and sprint to the tree, grabbing Zach's arm.

"What are you doing?" He laughs as u race to the tree pulling him with me. I don't respond but keep running before almost bashing straight into the tree.

"Never climbed a tree before?" I ask, answering his question giving him a 'duh' face before analyzing the tree trying to find a good spot to climb it. Once I find it I take a few steps back to get a good run up. Jumping, clinging onto the branch and hoisting myself onto the sturdy tree and waiting for Zach.

He does the same as me, getting into the tree and I watch as his biceps flex when he pulls himself onto the tree. I move to the side, continuing to climb up the gigantic tree and to say the least, I was scared crapless. That's actually a huge understatement. anxiety takes me over as I stupidly look down to the floor, only now realizing how high up I am.

"Aren't you afraid of heights?" Zach asks out of breath when he reaches my spot in the tree. I start freaking out as the skinny ninny branch I was holding onto starts cracking and looks dangerously close to snapping off completely. Taking control of my body again, I hold onto another branch and hurriedly climb down the tree. I don't even think you could actually call it climbing since I basically just slide down clinging onto any sturdy branch in sight.

Panting and sweating I through myself onto the ground by the trunk and close my eyes. Sitting by the trunk reminds me of when the guys came to my new school and they we were hanging out before the crowd of girls caught up with us. I start wondering what it would be like if they never came to perform at my school. I probably would have never seen them again, I wouldn't be the probably most hated person in the school and I might actually have more friends in school.

"Are you okay Kath?" He asks alarmed, plummeting down from the tree onto his butt. If I wasn't almost having a panic attack I would have almost laughed at him. He sits down next to me and puts his arm around me.

"Just peachy." I huff sarcastically, clutching my face in my hands. "Why do I always have to ruin nice days like this? We were supposed to go out and have fun and I just had to be the stupid person to climb a tree and ruin a nice day once again." I complain, holding back the tears.

"Hey, you didn't ruin anything." He assures me softly with a sweet smile. "Let's just continue walking and forever about your almost-panic-attack." He suggests, getting up and dusting off his jeans. I follow his actions and we continue walking.

"So, you and Luke huh?" He asks sort of awkwardly and I nod giving him a fake smile to make it more believable that in love with Luke. "Do you miss him?" Zach asks and I don't even have to think about it twice or even lie when giving my answer.

"Yeah. A lot." The truth is, I really do miss the guys, especially the weird, tall awkward giant. Zach sighs and there's a long silence.

"You wanna get ice cream?" He asks eventually, breaking the silence and I nod immediately. In the near distance I see the ice cream booth and Zach and I immediately look at each other, having the same though in mind.