Chapter 9

"Bye Kathy." Luke says in a sing song voice before running over to and hugging me for the millionth time tonight.

"Bye Lucas." I sighed, pretending to be annoyed by his adorable baby behavior.

"I won't let those bi- female dogs," he corrects quickly before continuing, " Do anything to you." He whispers in my ear before letting me go and skipping back towards the car. As the car sped down the road, I heard Michael yell; "I love you baby!" While sticking his head out the window and waving. I giggle at him before entering my house.

"Hey Katie, how was it?" Mom asked as soon I stepped foot in the building. She wore her trademark, contagious grin on her face which she soon passed onto me.

"It was very... interesting." I replied, my grin widening if that's even possible.

"Were they all nice to you?" She asked, still wearing her award winning smile.

"Yes mom obv-" I begin before my phone bings.

Ashton the Wookie:

We miss you Kath :(
Come back to daddy <3

I laugh at the text which makes my mom cock an eyebrow and give me suspicious look, which I plainly ignore and respond with;

Me

Don't text and drive you hairy doofus ;)

"What's going on?" My moms asks, expression not changed since I last saw it. I ignore her again because she would bombard me with questions if I said the wrong thing.

"Kathleen Elizabeth Clark, what is going on?" She asked one more time, this time looking excited and interested.

"Oh nothing. Ashton just texted me." responded starting to walk towards the stairs to avoid an awkward conversation.

"Which ones Ashton again?" My moms asks crushing my hope. I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks as my annoying mother wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"The one that looks like a Wookie. I respond, trying to keep my cool but failing.

"Oooh, he gave you his number." she states wiggling her eyebrows again.

"Yes mom. I have all their numbers. " I respond rolling my eyes. Why is it that my mom thinks that if a guy gives me his number he's basically asking me out? Mothers...

"Kathleen, you can only have one boyfriend at a time." She said teasingly, knowing that she is getting a reaction out of me.

"You are impossible mother." I say not before grunting and rolling my eyes again.

"No, I'm improbable, not impossible." I hear her shout after me as I stalk up the stairs.

I walk up the stairs and into my room, surprised to see that the window was wide open and Jake was sitting cross legged on my bed.

"How was it? Spill the beans child!" He exclaims excitedly, bouncing up and down on my bed.

"Well hello to you too..." I grumble slamming the door shut behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So let me get this right. You met them at the airport and they remember you?" He questions with tear filled eyes.

"Yeah they remember me. why would to expect? It's not like they woke up with amnesia the next day and forgot everything." I ask confusedly.

"There must have been hundreds of fans there. I'm sure they didn't remember every single one of them by name." He cleared up.