CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN ~PART FOUR~

I am overcome with the sensation of drowning. I can feel water filling my mouth. Threatening to choke me as it travels down my throat. The sensation of being weightless rushes over me as I feel myself being thrashed by water. Tossed and flipped. Head over feet. The salty taste of ocean water fills my mouth. Then my lungs. The water, burning as it enters my nostrils, rushing down my nasal cavity and into my gasping lungs. I am hopeless and helpless as I a tossed in the waves.

The muffled sounds of crashing water fills my head with a boisterous orchestra of sound. My eardrums banging with every toss and every turn in the water.

The deprivation of air begins to take its toll on my body as it is forced into a frantic adrenaline rush causing my body to flail involuntarily in a sad attempt at taking in oxygen when there is none to be taken it. This only causes more water to be pulled into my lungs.

Then out of nowhere I feel the tight grip of someone's hands. I feel my body being dragged through the water until my head is above the surface and I can feel the cold wind on my face. My head fills with air and I grow lightheaded. My eyes begin to feel heavy and I can no longer hold them open. My mind drifts as if it is still tossing in the sea, and I am out.