CHAPTER FORTY-SIX ~PART FOUR~

I slowly climb to my feet. Regaining my balance I head for the ascension room. I enter the room and have to climb the mounds of gadgets to get to the center of the room. I reach it and rise to my feet. I turn towards the door and slid it shut with my mind. I steady my breathing, trying to regulate them into nice, even breaths.

I focus my energy on the room that encompasses me. I can feel the focus and energy bubbling up inside of me. It grows stronger and stronger until the room begins to pulse. I dig deeper inside of me and try focusing even more. An intense pain rips through me as if a muscle or ligament has been torn. I cringe but maintain my focus.

The energy continues to grow more and more.

I close my eyes to maintain my focus and the energy building within me begins to seep out. I can feel it filling the room. The energy grows and grows. At this point, I have usually let the energy go by the time it reaches this capacity but I know that I need to contain it. I struggle to push the pain lurking inside of me aside and continue drawing my energy out.

I begin to hear sounds coming from outside of the ascension room. It's voices.

I don't have much more time.

I push through the pain. Through the tears engulfing my eyes like a fire. I push through the crippling desire to rest and stop pushing my body and mind. I push and push until my body can't take it anymore then I push even more. The immense pressure that has built up inside of me has now become numbing. It is past the point of causing pain and instead is working on shutting down my bodily functions. A cry escapes from my mouth as I push with all my might to keep the energy growing.

More and more.

The room begins to take the energy. Sucking it from my body.

I feel blood begin running down from my nose and over my lips. The taste of blood fills my mouth and I feel my body growing lighter and lighter. The room dims to the point that I can't see anything anymore. The overwhelming presence of darkness has engulfed everything. The energy continues to grow more and more.

When I can't hold it any longer and my body finally gives in, a blinding light is released and all I can see is a bright white. All at once the room comes back into view and I can see it crumbling to pieces as the contents in the room are lifted off of the ground. They move up towards where the ceiling of the room use to be, as the crumbling wall pieces drift upward. The pieces of the room and the contents in it rise into a gaping hole where they disappear. A moment of weightlessness drifts throughout the room. The hole begins to look smaller and small but it continues to suck everything around me up into it. I am also being drawn up into it but I have no strength left in my body to fight it.

My body continues to drift towards the sealing tear in space and time, and all I can think about is how I hope that Cynthia didn't forget what she is supposed to do.