Chapter Thirteen

"I'm sorry this has happened to your family Charles. Raquel and Evan were both exceptional people." Frances said after he settled his adopted daughter Kimberly into the library and returned to the kitchen where Charles, Jake, Lane, Hunter, Greg and Kayleb were sitting around the table.

"Yeah they were. A lot better than that good for nothing blood sucking leach that killed them." Lane growled as he took a long drink of the whiskey in his hand.

"Rebecca is sleeping up in the bed with Gwen. Gwen doesn't understand where her mommy and daddy are." Charles replied sadly as he looked down at the oak table top.

"Where is Kent?" Francis asked, noticing that the man was missing from the group.

"California. He and Jordan wanted to stay out there and be close to Alex."

"If there is anything I can do to help your family through this time just let me know." Francis said. His voice was smooth and cold but his violet eyes were full of sincerity.

"You can tell us what you know about Vincent." Jake growled. Francis sat the cup of blood that Hunter had given him down on the table and ran one long pale finger along the rim.

"He is my brother."

"What a damn family! Saraphine and Vincent. I tell you what, you must the black sheep at your family reunions." Lane muttered before taking another big swig of whiskey. Hunter nodded in agreement as he took a long drink of blood.

"I am actually." Francis replied with a faint smile. "I am a very big disappointment."

"Where can I find him?" Jake growled.

"Where can we find him?" Kayleb cut in and Francis sighed.

"I do not know. He does not have a home of his own. He wanders from place to place and stays in his victims homes."

"You can contact him though, can't you? You can contact him and have him meet you somewhere and we can be waiting for him." Kayleb said with a desperate rage. He wanted to avenge his parents and protect his mate and that meant turning Vincent into a pile of ash as soon as possible.

"My brother is no fool. He knows I am a friend of your family." Frances said matter of factly and this earned a snort from Lane but a sharp look from Jake had Lane swallowing whatever retort he'd been about to say.

"If I contact Vincent, and tell him I want to meet, he will suspect a trap."

"Then what the hell are you doing here if you can't help us!" Lane demanded and Jakes fists clenched so tightly Kayleb smelled the scent of his blood as his nails dug into his palms.

"I did not say that I could not help you, you impatient, foolish pup." Francis replied with cold anger flashing in his eyes.

"Everybody needs to calm down." Charles said and his voice was quiet, stern and sad and it made Frances remember that he needed to keep his patience, even with Lane. This family was hurting.

"Your best option to find and kill Vincent is to use the woman he wants as bait." These words had no sooner left Frances's mouth when Kayleb was launching himself over the table. Frances stood and hissed, prepared to defend himself against the snarling man but Jake stopped the fight before it could happen by grabbing Kayleb by the shirt and tossing him back down in his chair.

"Calm down, Kayleb." he said calmly.

"That bastard is not going to use Vanessa as bait."

"It would work." Charles said, appearing to be deep in thought.

"Fuck all of you. I just lost my parents and now you want to take Vanessa from me to?" Kayleb exclaimed.

"We won't let anything happen to her." Charles promised.