Chapter 27

Once we got to the corridor in front of the Great Hall, I saw Sirius sitting in the doorway leading to the school grounds. "Duke." I called. He looked up and ran over to me. I crouched down and scratched his head.

"That dog must really like you. He's been here since I brought you in." George whispered in my ear and he patted Sirius' head.

I smiled. "Well, he has to go back to wherever he stays. He can't stay here." Someone put their hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Dumbledore.

"Maybe he can stay here for tonight." he told me. I smiled again. I looked up at George. "Come on, you have to come with me to the common room." He looked at Dumbledore for permission. Dumbledore nodded, and without another word, he walked off.

"Come on Duke." I called quietly. He barked and followed me and George to the Slytherin common room.

"I've never been to your common room." George told me.

"Before you told me, I didn't even know where your common room was." I admitted.

He smiled. "Ya, the hole behind a portrait is a nice, secret spot. I like it." I nodded and we came to the wall.

"Pureblood." I said and the wall rearranged itself so it had a door. "Ya, holes behind portraits. Very secret." He smiled and opened the door. He froze when he saw the silver couches and the green fire, turning to silver. "Told you the fire changed colors."

He shook his head as I took Sirius up to the dormitory. I hurried down to see George was lounging on the couch with his feet on the table and his arms back behind him. "Come on George, we have to go."

"Okay mother." he muttered as we walked out.

The good thing is nobody noticed us. The bad thing, everyone knew about what happened earlier. I don't know how, but they do. I followed George inside the Great Hall and everyone quieted down. George didn't pay attention though and pulled me along to the Gryffindor table. I sat down next to him across from Harry and with Fred on my other side. But everyone else around us moved away.

Slowly people started to look away and go back to their conversations."Just what I needed." I muttered.

"Hey, least they don't know you like George." Harry said, playing around. My head snapped up to him, and I blushed. I totally showed George that it was true. But he only laughed and put his arm around my shoulders. I smiled faintly and started to eat a little. But I had mostly lost my appetite.

I looked over to the Slytherin table and I found Bobby and Tom. Amanda saw me looking and she smiled real big. I cocked my head to the side, wondering what she was smiling about. She moved her finger and gestured to the whole room, the she moved her hands and gestured to herself. It took me a second to realize what she was saying.

How did she know what happened? I slammed down my fork and ran my hand through my hair. "What's the matter?" Harry asked.

"That stupid girl. She told everyone." I muttered.

"Who are you talking about?" Fred asked. "We'll get her back."

I looked between them. "Tom's new girlfriend. Amanda Heartgy. Slytherin." They glanced up and quickly looked down.

"Which one is she?" they asked together.

"She's the one I speak to." I said, standing up. I headed over there and as I passed my table, an idiot tried to trip me, but I sidestepped at the last minutes and went on like nothing happened.

Finally I got to Tom and Bobby. Bobby smiled when he saw me. Amanda just smirked. "I hear you just woke up from fainting." she said.

I smiled. "I also had the Dark Lord talk through me. And I find that to be pretty personal, don't you think Tom?" I turned to him. He looked curious, but still nodded. "And you wouldn't want people to spread personal things around the whole school, do you Tom?" Once again he nodded. "And if I was with someone who hurt you, I would stop seeing them. Wouldn't you, Tom?" He seemed to finally catch on.