Chapter 8

Olivia's POV

When Draco met me in the courtyard, I was laying on the ground, looking at the stars with Cotton flying around me. Draco came and laid next to me. We just looked at the sky for a while, neither one of us wanting to break the silence that fell over us. Finally, though, Draco broke it. "So after a full day, what class is our favorite?"

"Potions. Definitely." I said, propping myself up on my elbows.

"Of course." He sat up a little, too, and smiled at me. "So, how much did it suck to grow up with Snape as your guardian?"

"It was pretty fun, actually. He was like a real father. He's really important to me. And I absolutely couldn't wait until he let me attend here." I answered truthfully. We laid back again, looking at the stars. "It's perfect out here. Don't you think so?"

"Absolutely beautiful." I turned to him, and saw he was already looking at me. We fell silent. He smiled a little and moved a piece of hair out of my face. Looking at him, I realized just how grey his eyes were. I couldn't make my self look away.

Finally he broke the eye contact. "It's getting really late. We should probably head back now." Once we got back, he murmured a little goodnight, and we went to our seperate dorms.

When I woke up the next morning, it was 6:45. I got up, took a shower, and headed down to breakfast. Before I got to the Slytherin table though, I heard someone call my name. I looked to see Harry jogging over to me "Hey, good morning. Before you go over to your table, there are a few people who would like to meet you. Mind introducing yourself?"

"Uhh sure thing. Lead the way." He brought me to where Ron and Hermione sat, and next to them were two tall, red head boys. It was obvious they were related to Ron. They sttod as we stopped in front of them. 

"This is Fred and George Weasley. Guys, this is my sister Olivia."

They took turns to shake my hand. "It's nice to meet you, Ronny boy here hasn't stopped talking about you." George ruffled Ron's hair, Ron glaring at him. 

"Come on Georgie, leave the poor boy alone."

Geoge laughed and turned back to me. "Well, you actually benefit from meeting us."

"Oh, do I now?"

George nodded, but Fred was the one who replied. "We are the expert pranksters here and, since you're Harry's sister, we like you despite the fact you wear a snake on your robe. So anytime you need help with pay back or whatever, come see us and we'll help you."

"Thanks guys, but I think I'll have to talk to you more about this later. Right now I should really be getting back to my table."

When Draco came in, he scanned the table until his eyes fell on me. He smiled and headed over to me. He sat next to me and asked "So what are you going to do for DADA?" he asked.

"Counter whatever Lupin sends to me."

"You're only going to be on defense? Why?"

"Because one, I'm not sure I even want to be doing this, and two, I get carried away with offense." I bit into an apple that was sitting on a plate in front of me.

Draco put down the cup he was holding and turned to face me fully. "What do you mean you get carried away on offense?" 

I pursed my lips as I debated how to word my explanation. "When someone is trying to hurt me, I kind of.. black out, I guess. I don't really know what happens. I lose control of my actions, I guess."

"Olivia, that really doesn't make sense."

I sighed and stood up. "Come on, I'll tell you about it on the way to class."

He stood as well and we left the Great Hall. I made sure we were a little ways off from there before talking. "It's really kind of hard to explain what happens, becase really I don't even know myself why or even what is happening. Anytime someone attacks me, physically, it's like a cord snaps in me or whatever, and it's over by then. I attack them. Harshly. There was one time at my first school I went to in Florida, a kid was bullying me a lot. One day it turned violent, and he punched me. Next thing I knew, an ambulance was called for him, and I was expelled. I was taken home by one of my friend's parents because Sev was here, but he visited home that night. I honestly think he does know what happened to me, considering ever since then he has been completely against any duels of any kind since then."

"Did you confront him about it?"

I shook my head. "Honestly, I just wanted to forget it."

"Do you think Lupin will call off the duel if you tell him about this?"

"No. Dumbledore knows about the accident, I know he does. If he knows about it, other people will, too. Lupin said we'll be dueling in the courtyard, the most open part of this whole school. They'll most likely be monitoring me."

"And you're perfectly okay with this? You said yourself that you can't control it. If someone sees you react that way, they won't know that."

I nodded, and we reached the classroom. "Me blacking out is the worst case-scenario, so it probably won't even happen."

Lupin made his way over to us before we even took our seats. "Olivia, good, you're here early. Look, before our little duel, I thought you should know that someone from the ministry will be watching. They didn't want me to tell you, but I figured you should know."

"They're sending someone from the ministry for this? I thought they would just have someone reporting back to them."

"That's what I originally thought, but Lucius demanded that someone be there."

Draco sighed. "He's the one behind this? This is ridiculous."

I looked between the two of them, completely confused. "Who is Lucius?"

Draco rolled his eyes. "He's my father, and I'm positive he's only so adamant about this because you're a Potter."