Chapter 32

Olivia's POV

The month of November went by fast. Nothing really important happened. Except for the quidditch game. That was awesome.

A day before the match, everyone was talking about it. Hufflepuff vs. Slytherin.

*Flashback*

Everyone was talking about how Hufflepuff would win because they beat the unbeatable Gryffindors. Every one was nervous in my house. Most people believed we would lose. The next day, my team practiced for an hour before the game. When we really try, we dominate. We are totally going to beat them.

Then they came to the field. They walked over to us in their yellow and black jerseys. "Hey Malfoy, you aren't going to be faster as our seeker now."

Malfoy cracked a smile. "I'm not the seeker anymore."

They all looked back and forth between each other. "Look at this. Malfoy's father didn't secure him the seeker spot."

"Who is the seeker now?" A small 4th year asked, looking at us all. I smiled as she looked at me.

"And you think a small, stupid girl will beat us?"  There were two seventh years smirking at us and talking. I glared at them and got my usual reaction. They flinched back. They stopped talking and turned to their captain. Him and John were glaring at each other. I smiled and crossed my arms.

Their seeker stepped up and held out his hand. "Cedric Diggory."

I smiled and shook his hand. "Olivia Potter."

The seventh years looked back at me and smiled. "Both the Potters are seekers. We'll have the satisfactory of beating both of them." I just shrugged and Cedric smiled at me. I returned it and he turned back to his captain. The captains had stopped looking at each other, and now they were looking at the stands. People had started to fill them and were getting louder and louder.

I smiled and looked at the Gryffindor bleachers. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were waving. I waved back and turned to see Madame Hooch come over. “Shake the person’s hand on the other team that has the same position as you.” she told us. I shook Cedric’s hand again and he smiled. I returned it and we got on our brooms.

We flew into the air, and the game started. Immediately we got the quaffle and Bobby and Courtney were passing it back and forth as their chasers tried to take it.

When they got to the goal posts, Bobby faked it really fast, threw it to Courtney, and she threw it through the ring. The commentator kind of grumbled and said that Slytherin took the lead. I looked behind me and Cedric had his back to me. He turned and I quickly looked away.

I scanned the field and I spotted the little golden ball. I quickly dived and Cedric was right behind me. I swerved around, but he followed me everywhere. I smiled. Fine, he wants to be difficult, I’ll give him difficult. I spun around really fast and started to go the whole other direction. And he followed me like I expected him to. The whole time the commentator telling everyone what was happening.

I glanced back and saw the snitch at the other end of the field. I heard Blaise scored with the quaffle this time, and I made my move. I turned down suddenly until I was upside down. But right after I passed Cedric, I turned right side up again.

When I was up, the commentator was yelling. “And Potter goes upside down to get Diggory away! I’ve never seen someone ride with that much confidence and skill! She quickly turns right side up and races to the other end of the field. She’s spotted the snitch! She turns up and is so close to the bleachers, she could reach out and touch it! Diggory is getting closer! The Highlington twins score again, but Potters caught the snitch! The game is over, and it goes to Slytherin!”

I smiled and landed on the ground. My whole team landed around me and patted my back. The Hufflepuffs landed also, but instead of being mad, they were kind of shocked. “But she’s a third year!”

“Has she even played a real game before?” I heard them ask each other. My team and I headed to the locker room. 

“That was amazing! How did you ride like that?” Draco asked. My smile barely dropped and I just shrugged. But no one seemed to notice. They kept asking me questions and patting me on the back.

Once we were finally done changing back, we headed back to the common room. But once we were in there, people were waiting were waiting for us, and there was an awesome party.

*End of Flashback*

Now it's Decamber 10th, and people are talking about the last game before Christmas holidays. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. But at dinner, people were talking about something else. In Transfiguration yesterday, McGonagall had announced that we would try something new this year. There was going to be a winter dance. And she was expecting to see everyone with a partner.

That means dancing and getting closer with boys. And I know quite a lot of people who want to ask me. Heck, I know most of my house wants to ask me. They want to be with the awesome Potter.

I don’t even know how to dance. I would look like a fool out there and embarrass myself. Maybe I can just skip… Or not get a date. Tell everyone who asks me that I already have one.

As I was thinking about this though, someone I didn’t expect stood behind me. He coughed, and I turned to see Cedric Diggory. He smiled at me real charmingly. I looked around, and saw a Ravenclaw girl glaring at me. She glanced between me and Cedric without realizing I saw her. I smiled.

She wanted to go with him. I think her name was like Chance or Cho. I turned back to Cedric. “Olivia, would you go to the dance with me?” I smiled and acted like I was thinking about it.

“I'm sorry. I already have a date. But I know someone who would love to go with you.”

"And who is that?”

I smiled again and turned to point at Cho. She looked taken aback, but she was too curious to turn away. “Her name is Cho Chang. She can be nice, I guess. When you get to know her.”

His smile fell slightly and he nodded. He thanked me and went back to his table. When I turned back, Bobby and Tom were looking at me. “What?” I asked defensively.

They smiled and looked at each other. “The first person to ask you was a Hufflepuff. That means there will be a lot of people from other houses to ask. You better choose quickly so they’ll stop bugging you.” Bobby said as he took a sip from his juice.

“And there are going to be a lot. The dance is this Saturday, and it’s already Wednesday.” Tom added. I shrugged and looked around at all the tables. The smile returned when I saw George trying to catch my attention. When he saw me looking, he did these weird motions with his hands. I understood none of it.

I held up my hand. ‘Tell Aldrea’ I know he understood because he looked doubtful. I nodded and he slowly copied. “Aldrea, go to the Weasley twin. He’ll tell you something, and you have to tell me exactly what he said. Okay?”

Aldrea poked his head out. “Why?” He asked slowly almost like he was tired.

“Just go. And don’t be seen.”

He slowly got out and slithered in the shadows. I watched as George bent to the ground for a few seconds. I waited, and a minute later Aldrea came back. He slithered up and rested in my pocket again. “What does he want?” I demanded.

Aldrea looked up again. “The blood traitor wants to know if you’ll go to the dance with him.” I looked at George quickly and he nodded.

“Thank you. You can sleep now.” Aldrea just nodded and fell into the pocket again. I looked at George and nodded. His smiled was so big, it had to of hurt.

I turned back to Bobby and Tom. They were looking at me again. “What's was with Weasley's hand motions?"

"He wanted to know if I'd go to the dance with him." I said quietly, reaching for my juice.

Bobby and Tom shared another look, and Tom smiled. "And?"

I shrugged and sipped my drink. "I got myself a date."