Chapter 9

"What does me being a Potter have to do with any of this? Aren't they just worried about my power?" I asked.

Draco shook his head. "If it were anyone else who had sent the a reporter, I would think so. But since it's my father, it has to be more personal than that."

“Did he hate my parents or something?” 

“No, it's Harry. He freed one of our house elves. Not a very big deal, but the slightest things can piss my father off. I’m sorry. I really am.” Draco trailed off. 

“It's okay. I'll be fine.” I glanced to Lupin, who looked a little worried. "I guess it's a little too late to call a quits for this, huh?" I laughed a little, but my nerves were going haywire. What happens if I am apparently too powerful?

He shook his head. "It'll look suspicious if we cancel just because someone will be watching."

“Then that's it. I'm ready to go whenever you are."

Draco and I waited while Lupin put up a note saying to meet us in the courtyard, and we arrived there just as the bell rang. 

It took another 5 minutes for students to collect around us for Lupin to start class. "Good morning class. Today I have found a volunteer to kind of show you guys what I plan to teach the rest of you throughout the school year. Olivia, please come forward."

I walked around a few of the students until I was standing next to him. I heard Draco follow me, not really as polite about passing the others. “Good. Now, Mr. Malfoy, would you mind taking her wand for her?”

People started to talk a little as I followed Lupin's instruction. “Okay. Now, we face each other, and bow.” Once we did this, we got into our defensive stances. He started. I saw the curse come my way and did an unverbal Protego.

I sent the jinx Petrificus Totalus, but he easily skipped out of the way, deflecting it so it hit the ground. He sent another curse my way, and I got lifted in the air by Levicorpus. I quickly muttered the counter curse but Lupin sent another my way. I dove to the side as a bright blue streak flew by. I jumped to my feet and didn't even blink as I sent confringo to blast the ground between us.

He straightened with shock, but he quickly recovered. "And that, class, is the end of our little demonstration." With a flick of his wand, he repaired the chunk of ground that my spell had cracked.

I let out a sigh as I straightened. Where the hell had that come from? I had been adamant about keeping this low key, why did I send that curse?

I joined the Slytherins crowd, and Draco handed me my wand back. He opened his mouth to talk, but I shook my head slightly. "Later."

We went through the rest of class outside, Lupin giving us basically a free period. Draco jogged over to Crabbe and Goyle at some point, but I chose to just stay where I was.

When I started to prepare to leave for Herbology, Harry, Ron, and Hermione caught up with me. 

Ron and Harry beamed. "That was awesome Olivia!" Harry laughed. "And the last spell was so cool!" 

Wait, did they think I meant to do that? Did they realize how dangerous that could have been, for both Lupin and myself?

Hermione saved me from responding. "You have quite the flair for the dramatic, don't you?" She rolled her eyes, and Draco glared at her as he walked back.

He shouldered past them and stopped in front of me. "Ready to go?"

I nodded. "I'll talk to you guys later, I guess." I waved to Harry and Ron as we walked away.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" Draco asked when we were finally alone. 

I sighed and slowed a little. "I really don't know, Draco. I got kind of afraid when my feet left the ground, and I just acted on reflex. Did it seem bad? I know even Lupin was taken back by it."

Draco shook his head. "Honestly, I wouldn't have thought twice about it if I hadn't known that you wanted it to stay strictly defense on your side."

This time I stopped completely, grabbing his arm gently. "No, I mean, do you think they'll consider me dangerous after this?" I couldn't hide the fear in my voice. I pissed them off once with the muggle, what are they going to do when there were more people who could have been harmed?

Draco took my stuff and his and placed them on the ground. When he straightened, he put his hands on my arms and bent down until we were eye to eye. "Olivia, listen to me. You are not a danger, and they won't think that you are. You don't have to be afraid, I'll make sure nothing happens to you. Okay?"

I nodded, but he didn't let go until he was sure I wasn't going to burst out crying or whatever. He picked our stuff back up, and we continued on our way to the Green houses, this time in silence.

***

The rest of the day was uneventful, until we reached Care of Magical Creatures. Today we went into the Forbidden Forest again with Buckbeak, but this time Harry was chosen to ride her.

Once he came back was when things got a little heated. I'm not sure if Draco was still a little pissed at them for making me feel so uncomfortable at the end of DADA or what, but he went off. He ignored as Hagrid and a couple other people yelled to him about being careful, and he stormed up to Buckbeak.

Needless to say, she did not like trying to be intimidated. She reared back, and down went Draco.

I rushed up to help him, but there was only so much that my healing spell could do. They took him up to the Hospital Wing. Later that night in the common room, He finally came in, looking absolutely pissed. He had his arm in a sling and a completely murderous look in his eye. He didn't even speak as he went up to his dorm. 

A little while later I retired to my own room.