Chapter 24

Harry’s POV

What was Olivia doing out in the courtyard? There was nothing there. Once I got to a spot where I could see her, she was standing there alone. As I watched, she stood up straighter, like she knew someone was watching. I could see her lips moving, but there was no one there. Weird.

When she started to head back inside, I quickly went back to the window I was at before. There was nothing to look at outside though. I’ve been waiting to talk to her. I heard she has been leaving at night.

I also wanted to talk to her about what went on with Hermione. When we had told Hermione what had happened on Sunday, she kept glancing at Olivia, her eyes full of regret. But when I looked over at Olivia, a lot of people were looking at her weirdly. When I saw why, I smiled. She was laughing with the other two Slytherin boys that she was with earlier.

After a few minutes she seemed to realize that people were looking at them and she calmed down a little. She said something to the other two, and they also started to calm down. But they would chuckle ever now and then.

Once dinner was over and I had tried to talk to her, I tried my best talking in Parseltongue, but once again I had failed. I barely got two words in five minutes. And all she did was tell me to practice.

After she walked my way again and I left her standing by the window, I went to meet the twins in an empty classroom. When I got there, no one was there. “Hello Harry!”

I gave a small yelp and turned to see them on each side of the door. “Guys, don’t do that! Okay, I’m here. What do you guys want?” They looked at each other and smiled.

“We have the map.”

“Finally. Where was it anyway?”

 Fred smiled as George took it out. “Actually, Olivia had it.”

“What? She knows about it?” 

George handed it to me, laughing. “Obviously. We don’t know why she needed it, she just asked for it.” 

After they left, I immediately opened it. Earlier they had told me how to look at it. I watched, amazed, as the names appeared, and I saw the twins make their way to the common room.

I also saw that Olivia never went back to her common room. She was wondering around the corridors alone. Like the snoopy brother I was, I started to head over there. As I got closer, I heard her talking. “What are we going to do? I gave the map back to the twins. How can I finish this now?” she asked herself.

I froze, hearing another voice. It was kind of like velvet. Soft and smooth. “The blood traitor twins? Why would you give it to them?” it asked.

“They were the ones who gave it to me in the first place.” Suddenly, she stopped. I could tell because her light footsteps stopped also. Then she spoke in a small small. “We’re being followed.”

I heard a very faint whisper, and she gasped loudly. I stepped back, suddenly afraid. What the heck happened? And how did she know I was there? I hadn’t made a sound! “It’s because I can feel your tension Harry.” I jumped back as she rounded the corner and faced me. “Déjà vu.” She muttered and smiled.

I stood up straight (or straighter at least. She still scared me,) and smiled faintly. “What do you want Harry? Were you wondering what I was doing out here, since you found me on that map you have in your pocket?” I stepped back again. How did she know I have it? I don’t think the twins told her that.

I looked at her eyes to see that they were unfocused and clouded over, like she wasn’t really there. As I was watching, her eyes began to wonder off. “Olivia, what are you looking at?”