Chapter 49

Olivia’s POV

We walked through the school, him commenting about little things here and there, girls flirting with him left and right, until finally we got to the grounds. I saw the twins, but I didn’t see Harry. Probably with Hagrid or something.

We walked down to the lake and stopped by the tree. The twins didn’t see us, and it looked like they had a new prank candy. I put my finger to my mouth to warn Logan not to talk, and then tip toed up behind them.

“What are you doing?” I asked. They jumped and almost dropped the candy in the water.

“Merlin, Olivia! Are you trying to give us a heart attack?” George gasped. He smiled and kissed my cheek. He looked behind me and noticed Logan. “Who are you?” he asked.

“Logan Summers.” Logan stretched out his hand. George shrugged and took it.

Fred looked between us. “You’re the friend Olivia was talking about? You have to be. You talk the same.” Logan looked at him again and nodded. Fred only shrugged. Then both of the twins looked at me and smiled.

“So Olivia.” George started, glancing at Fred.

“We were wondering.”

“Would you please.”

“Test this candy?”

I smiled. The twins haven’t done that in awhile. “What does it do?” I asked and took it from their hands.

“It’s a surprise. We don’t have anyone else to test it on. Plus, we made it specially for you.” I looked at the candy with disgust, but George finally talked me into eating it. It left a little tingling in the back of my head, and when I looked up, the twins gave each other a high five.

“So what does it do?” I asked and looked down at myself. I didn’t look different.

George smiled. “It helped us tell what mood you’re in.” I looked back and forth between the twins in shock, and they laughed. George acciod a mirror and handed it to me. I took it quickly, and saw that my eyes were purple!

Why did they turn my eyes purple? Then I watched as my eyes turned from purple to yellow. What the hell was that?

I sighed, frustrated. Is this some illusion? I watched as my eyes turned a very light blue.

I turned to Logan and he took a step back. I smiled and he kind of returned it. It was obvious he was scared. “You’re eyes just turned dark green.” he said and pointed. I laughed and looked at the twins.

“It’s like I’m a freaking mood ring!” Logan laughed behind me, but the twins looked confused. “Sorry, it’s a muggle thing, you wouldn’t understand.” Fred and George smiled.

Harry joined the party. “What’s so funny?” He asked and leaned against the tree. Hermione and Ron were on both sides of him. I shrugged and sat down. Logan smiled and sat next to me.

“So who’s the Ravenclaw. Haven’t seen him before.” Hermione said, looking at Logan closely.

I smiled. “Guys, this is Logan. One of my friends from Florida. He just transferred.” Logan stood up and shook Harry’s hand.

‘Wow, finally someone who doesn’t freak out that I’m Harry Potter.’ I tilted my head, looking at him. What?

Ron jumped back suddenly. Everyone looked at him, and he pointed at me. “Did your eyes just turned yellow?!” he yelled. I laughed and he looked even more frightened. My eyes must’ve changed again.

“I tested a candy the twins made. In the future, remember to make them tell you what it does before you eat it.”

“Well, yellow means confused. What are you confused about, Liv?” George asked from behind me. I looked at Harry.

“How did you expect Logan to act?” I asked.

Now he was confused. “What do you mean?”

“How did you think Logan would act?” I repeated. Everyone looked at me.

“Umm, Olivia, Harry didn’t say anything about Logan.” I looked at George and he shook his head.

‘Bloody hell, I think there was something else in the candy. She’s hearing things. What’s next?’ I scowled and this time Harry took a step back. “I’m not hearing things, Ron.”

“Olivia, how did you know that? I didn’t say that out loud…”

Hermione was thinking hard. She looked at me. ‘You’re a lecteurdesprit?’

I sighed. “A what?”

Hermione smiled. “Well, I think that confirms it. You’re a lecteurdesprit. A mind reader. I always thought that would be a cool gift.” I looked at her in disbelief.

“Okay, I think the pink is the weirdest color yet.” Ron muttered. Harry laughed and Logan nodded.

“Well Hermione, I don’t think I’m a mind reader. I can’t read the twins’ minds.”

“Are you trying? You could if you try. You can read anyone’s mind. No matter what.”

‘I remember when we were five and you would answer questions that were never asked. And another time when we would have a conversation with only you talking out loud.’ I looked at Logan. “At five years old? I don’t remember that.”

“Well, this was a very interesting day. First I transfer to Hogwarts, get into a fight with that Draco bloke, have more girls than I can count flirt with me, and learn that the girl I’ve been friends with for 11 years can read minds. What’s next?”

“You already got into a fight with Malfoy?” Harry asked.

“Who’s Malfoy?” Logan asked me.

I smiled. “His name was Draco Malfoy. One of my friends, but every Gryffindor despises him. You know British people. Always using their enemy’s last name instead of their first name.” Logan laughed and I heard someone call out that it’s dinner time.

We all start to head up to the castle, but Logan was a little nervous. “I don’t know anyone who’s in my house, Olivia, and Dumbledore will call me out by my name and I’ll have to stand with everyone’s eyes on me.”

I put my hand on his shoulder. “Come on, Logan. You know Luna and Penny. And it won’t be that bad. It’ll be quick and then everyone will forget about you.”

He doesn’t look convinced.