Chapter 56

Olivia’s POV

Peter had just gotten into a small hole when my spell hit him. I took a few steps back as he changed back into his human form.

A few seconds later, I slid in front of the door again as he got up. He was a short, fat man and you could tell he wasn’t really ready to be human again. He staggered and fell, looking at his hands for a few seconds. He scrambled back to his feet and looked up at Lupin and Sirius.

He spread out his hands with an ugly smile on his face. “Remus, Sirius, my friends!” he turned quickly to bolt out the door, but stopped when he saw me with my wand ready. “And Olivia.” He spit my name out, the word dripping with venom. His voice grew louder. “How’s you back, sweetheart?”

I rushed forward and grabbed his collar. I was a good foot taller than him. “Give me a reason.” I threatened. “Give me a reason and I swear I’ll do it.” I whispered just low enough for him to hear me. I saw a bead of sweat run down his face.

I looked at Sirius, but he didn’t help. I looked back at Pettigrew and saw he was scared as hell. I let him go and he stumbled back and fell on his butt. I looked back to Lupin. “I’ll just leave it to you.” I said shortly and stepped away.

I could feel someone’s stare in the back of my head and turned to see Hermione glaring at me. I smiled back. ‘Don’t make that face. It doesn’t look good.’ I turned back to see Pettigrew was off the ground and was backed against the wall. Sirius was in front of him.

“They were your friends! And you turned them in!” he yelled.

“I didn’t mean to! You don’t understand! He can do terrible things and if I didn’t, he would have killed me!”

“I would have died instead of turning them in!” Pettigrew ran toward the door again, but this time Harry blocked him. I could tell he was really uncertain about this, though.

Pettigrew looked at him and got really close. “I’m the victim here. You have to help me! James would! You look just like him. We were the best of friends, you know?” I pulled him away and Harry looked kind of shocked.

Pettigrew looked at me with fear in his eyes. “And you look just like Lily. You even have her eyes.” Sirius grabbed him from behind and pulled him back.

“Don’t you dare talk to them about their parents, the people you killed!” Sirius yelled. He took out his wand and Lupin followed suit. They exchanged a look and Lupin pushed Pettigrew down so he was on the floor right in front of them. They were about to end it… when Harry stepped up.

“Don’t kill him.” he said forcefully, but his voice wavered.

Pettigrew smiled again and went over to him. “Thank you thank y-”

But Harry wasn’t finished. “Let him live so we can take him back to the castle. Then the dementors can have him.”

Pettigrew started to cry, but no one was really paying attention. I rushed over to Sev. I knelt down next to him and saw a trickle of blood running down his forehead. I quickly closed the cut and cleaned the blood, but put a sleeping spell on him so he wouldn’t wake up soon.

I turned and saw Sirius was looking at me. I stood up, folding my arms across my chest. “Do you want me to take him to the castle?” I asked and nodded my head toward Pettigrew.

Sirius shook his head and nodded toward Ron. “I think you should help him along. He doesn’t look to good.” He turned to Ron. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to have such a strong grip.”

Ron nodded slightly and looked at Harry. Harry was looking back and forth between me and Sirius. His thoughts were practically screaming at me.

I walked over to Sirius and whispered to him. “He still doesn’t know if he should trust us or not. And yes, both of us. He lost his trust in me when he saw I was with you.” I added when he gave me a doubtful look. I smiled. “I’m just surprised it was so easy to lose it.”

I walked over and was going to help Ron up, when Hermione stepped in front of me. “Don’t touch him. I’ll help him.”

I glared at her and stepped back. Lupin walked up to me and rested his hand on my shoulder. “How about you make sure Severus won’t wake up for a while. We don’t want him to get up. He won’t have the best attitude.”

I shook my head. “I already put a sleeping spell on him.”

Lupin nodded. “I think it will have to be a strong one. I’ll check on it.”

After Lupin moved, Pettigrew stepped up and grabbed my shoulders. “I need help.” I shoved him off of me and he fell again. Everyone turned to us. Pettigrew didn’t stand up again, but he continued. “You know where he is. I won’t remember anything after the dementors, so please just tell me where he is now.”

I glared at him and he flinched back. “What are you talking about?” I asked impatiently.

“The Dark Lord! When you disappear at night! I know you go to him. You always talk about it to the Weasley. You talk about how you serve him, but you never say where. Where is he?”

I stepped back in surprise. “How do you know about that?” My voice was barely above a whisper.

Pettigrew laughed and stood up. “I was a rat. It’s easy to follow someone around unnoticed. Especially outside.”

Harry looked at me with a frown on his face. “What is he talking about, Olivia?”

I shook my head and looked at Sirius. “They’re just dreams.” I said weakly.

Pettigrew shrugged. “I don’t care if you believe they’re real or not. All I need to know is where he is.”

I glared at him. “It doesn’t matter. Like you said, you won’t remember.”

He glared but I wasn’t really paying attention anymore. “Do you want to go now?” I asked Sirius. He nodded and I pointed to Pettigrew. “What are we going to do about him?”

Sirius tilted his head slightly and looked at him. “Incarcerous” he said quietly, making ropes fly from the end of his wand. They wrapped themselves around Pettigrew and he fell to the ground. Sirius looked up at me and smiled. “Let’s go.”