Epilogue

Years rolls and time flies, and before I know it, I'm officially a happy person. I don't know how it happened, but I wouldn't have gotten here if it weren't for Alex and Lee. They are my basically my life now. What saddens them saddens me, and what makes them happy makes me happy. It was like we were built together, to support, love, and take care of each other. They are like the air. I need them to survive.

Alex has gotten better over the months, and one year passed before I had the guts to propose to her. She was the love of my life, I was sure of that. And granting her my love and affection for her entire lifetime brought the both of us to tears when we were at the altar. I could never forget my vows and hers.

In her white, beautiful dress she walked towards me, a bouqet of baby pink roses clutched tightly between her fingers. I knew she was nervous because well, she was practically shaking a little bit when she reached e and I may have cried a little at the sight of that. I still remember hearing the bills softly ring the background and my whole attention fixed on the beautiful woman I now call my wife.

I have been married to Alex for nineteen years now. I have three children; Lee, Ronnie, and Aphro. I have two grandchildren, thanks to Lee and her husband Jonathan. I am an uncle to four boys.

I now own my own company, which took me a lot of time to work on, years actually. Alex has finally graduated and now has a degree in Biology, just like she wished years ago. Lee is a successful woman, who manages to run her own bakery and house at the same time as her husband works as a news reporter. Ronnie and Aphro are still in college, deciding what to study and whatnot.

I remember all thats happened with me over the years. From beating cancer at only fourteen to meeting Janelle, from facing cancer again to Janelle's death, from moving to New York for a fresh start to meeting a four year old girl at my doorstep, from meeting her mom to saving her from her husband and herself, from saying goodbye to the old me to embracing what life offers.

I am happy this way. I learned a lot about life and about myself. I learned that I am in control of everything that involves me. I learned that it is okay to be hurt, but not for long. Don't let it consume you. I learned to always have hope because even in my darkest times, I had someone by my side. I learned to care more about others. I learned that death is not the end, but a start of something new.

Sadness doesn't last forever, even if it feels like a dark cloud that won't go away. The sun will rise in the morning, lives will carry on, and you will eventually forget.

People leave scars. In all sorts of unexpected places. Like secret road maps of their personal histories. Diagrams of their old wounds. Most of our wounds heal, leaving nothing behind but a scar. Some wounds we carry with us everywhere, and though the cut's long gone, the pain still lingers, but not so much. It is nice to always remember that life isn't all about blue skies and happiness. Life is a mixture of everything you could ever think of.

Never forget, people are always the cure.

Final author's note: I'm a sobbing mess, okay. I would personally like to thank everyone who has read The Cure and Victim. You have no idea how happy you guys make me. You are the reason I do what I love, even if I terribly suck at it. I hope every single one of you has a beautiful life, just like how Harry's life ended up. I am forever grateful for you. I love you all so very much for believing in me when no one ever else did I owe everything to you.
I will always write on @wattpad and you are always welcome to read my other stories if you want to. Again, thank you for everything and I love you so so so so much.
Lots of love and for the last time on The Cure, I give you your last yara hug. X
Byeeee x :)

The Cure || Harry StylesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara